Grey screen after unlock on PC

xanatori
xanatori
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

After I try to unlock my 1Password App on the desktop it just gives me a gray screen.
On my notebook (running exact the same system and 1p version it works)

Edit:

Just got the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 830 (Running 8.1 Update 2 and the same 1P version)

1Password Version: 1Password Alpha 1.15.7.290
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (10240)
Sync Type: Dropbox (.opvault)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I usually test in Windows 8.1, so I'm trying to get the latest version from the Windows 10 (beta) store on my Windows 10 tablet. That's requiring me to update the Store app, which is repeating through a cycle of "Update pending; the app will close, and then you can launch it again" messages. Gosh, this is fun.

I'll try to reproduce the issue as soon as possible and mention it to Dev right away.

Thanks for your patience, @xanatori!

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited July 2015

@xanatori can you please share file C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\DC5C6510.1PasswordAlpha_2v019pwa6amcg\LocalState\last activities.txt (appears usually 10 sec after closing app). Just replace <username> with your user name. Or any of last files in Crashes subfolder.

• xanatori
    xanatori
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

That's the content of the file. Even tho I can't upload it, the editor makes it look like crap. But I hope you can work with it.

#Launched. (0.38 sec)
    Args: Kind=`Launch`, PreviousExecutionState=`ClosedByUse\r`, TileId=`App`, Arguments=``.
    Loaded common passwords: `10000`. (0.01 sec)
    1 migrations done (0.01 sec)
    Database startup result `FileFound`.
    Rendered login screen for `opuw://vault/8c154783aa904d3fb32041e94eb93ed5`. (0.04 sec)
    Rendered login screen for `opuw://vault/8c154783aa904d3fb32041e94eb93ed5`. (0.03 sec)
    #Opening login page... (0.02 sec)
    #Opening login page... (0.01 sec)
    #Logged in. (0.73 sec)
    Local keys not found `opuw://vault/8c154783aa904d3fb32041e94eb93ed5` (this error will be self fixed in later build)! (0.00 sec)
    Vault `8c154783aa904d3fb32041e94eb93ed5` not found, searching for an alternative!
    #Suspended with deadline 4.99 sec. (0.00 sec)
    Saving log messages: `14`.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@xanatori, I edited your post, putting a backslash ( \ ) in front of each back-tick ( ` ) and in front of any number sign ( # ) at the beginning of a line.

It's a hassle, but it stops the forum software from doing the wacky formatting you described so aptly. :)

• @xanatori thanks for sharing, this should be enough for us to investigate and fix. It looks like your vault creation was not completed, for now I can suggest to reinstall app to get it back in shape.

• xanatori
    xanatori
    Community Member

@dbrown good to know for the next time. :)

@SergeyTheAgile could I fix it for me if I export my items and create a new vault (and import my items again)?

• @xanatori yes, you certainly can give it a try. We are working on fix meanwhile

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

I've run into this same thing on my Lumia 2520 (Win 8.1 RT) - grey screen on unlock. However my Lumia 830 continues to work correctly as does my Windows 10 laptop.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that information, @macros!

It's interesting to know that it can affect Windows 8.1, as well.

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

Quick update, I was able to fix the grey screen on my 8.1 device by doing an uninstall - reinstall.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Excellent news! Thanks for the update, @macros.

• @xanatori & @macros there is Alpha Release 9 in Windows Store that should fix grey screen issue, thanks for your help!

• xanatori
    xanatori
    Community Member

Seems to work now. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @xanatori—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.