I am having some fundamental set up issues .... how do I get help

Options

OK ... I down loaded the trial version and input all my password data by gong to a site and "learning" into 1password and everything seemed OK. (Windows version). Since I liked the app, I decided to use it for all my wife and my devises. Unfortunately we I have a PC, my wife a Mac and we each have IOS devises. Reading the marketing stuff re 1password ... it seemed like the perfect app to go across platforms .... so .... I established a second vault on using my PC and signed into and out of all of my wife's accounts learning the info into the new vault. Testing along the way ... that all was working. Once loaded, we then downloaded Dropbox onto the Mac and the PC .... I then went to your site to get a Dual license .... I tried to pay using the 1password identity saved and credit card saved data in my 1password app on your website and it did not fill either .... should have been my first indication of issues to come. Anyway I bought the licenses, input to my PC, she input to her Mac (After downloading the 1Password app and we linked with dropbox .... now the issues start:
1. Couldn't see the secondary vault with the Mac .... it was in dropbox but could not "select the secondary vault"
2. With multiple devises, programs, apps involved .... tried to determine if this was a dropbox, 1password, PC or mac issue. We tried multiple things.
3. In the process of doing this the secondary vault was wiped off my PC (as best I can tell) .... also, when I go to dropbox it is gone .... how ever on my wifes mac it is now visiable as a secondary vault .....
4. When she tries to use the data by selecting the logins .... some work, some work but require you hit the "login" button and some just go to the website with no data input.
5. This morning I tried to turnoff the dropbox sync on my PC ... thinking I could isolate her mac and perhaps use that "secondary file" as the source file for all of our IOS devises and just leave my PC file as a stand alone for me. However .... I see that my 1password file has a "dropbox" in it's file name so I am concered that it will push to dropbox and to other devises and screw that up.

So ... right now I am paused looking for guidance .... do I ask for a refund .... uninstall everything?? I need some real time support to get a stable starting point ... please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I ask a question on the forum

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Chris_Gargano,

I tried to pay using the 1password identity saved and credit card saved data in my 1password app on your website and it did not fill either .... should have been my first indication of issues to come.

We do apologize about this, it's a recent bug we found and will be fixed soon. You can use this workaround I've posted to work around this bug.

1. Couldn't see the secondary vault with the Mac .... it was in dropbox but could not "select the secondary vault"

Could you clarify how your Dropbox accounts are set up, are you guys using the same Dropbox.com account or two separate Dropbox.com accounts?

In the process of doing this the secondary vault was wiped off my PC (as best I can tell) .... also, when I go to dropbox it is gone .... how ever on my wifes mac it is now visiable as a secondary vault

Dropbox does have a 30-day restore process you can use to restore any unintentional removals but let's not do anything until we get a chance to look at everything first.

When she tries to use the data by selecting the logins .... some work, some work but require you hit the "login" button and some just go to the website with no data input.

Depending on how you saved the data, that can happen because of the way the site is designed, not all sites are properly designed to smoothly log you in with 1Password. We'll figure this out after we get you and your wife devices set up and in sync.

This morning I tried to turnoff the dropbox sync on my PC ... thinking I could isolate her mac and perhaps use that "secondary file" as the source file for all of our IOS devises and just leave my PC file as a stand alone for me. However .... I see that my 1password file has a "dropbox" in it's file name so I am concered that it will push to dropbox and to other devises and screw that up.

Do not do anything, just let us help you.

To get an accurate picture of how everything is currently set up on all of your computers and devices, we need you to email us your diagnostic reports from all of the devices. This guide will explain how to do this for all platforms you're using: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

There's a platform chooser in there, so you can switch between Mac, Windows and iOS.

It would be easier if you can send everything in one email but that will be difficult to do on the iOS, so first, generate the report for iOS and email it to us. After you email to us, you'll get an auto-response with an ID in it, use that ID for the other two platforms. 1Password will give you a file for both Windows and Mac, email both to us with the ID inserted in the subject line, so we can connect the emails.

Once you sent the reports, please let us know here so we can confirm we have all of the emails.

Thanks!

• Chris_Gargano
    Chris_Gargano
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Mike ..... A couple of things:

1. We have not downloaded 1Password to any IOS device at this time. It is on my PC and her Mac. Given the issues we were having we chose to pause until we could get the Mac and PC working. I will send diagnostic report for one and await the reference number and then send the other.
    2. Re your question about dropbox account .... we only have one account as we assumed that would be easier. We were going to link all devices to that one account.
    3. Will hold on all other issues while I generate the diagnostic reports.
      Thanks,
      Chris
  • Chris_Gargano
    Chris_Gargano
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,
    Went to the help .... diagnostic report generator and hit save to file. Nothing happens .... the drop down just disappears. I assume the report is generated within a couple minutes. No indication that the computer is working and no zip file.
    Chris

• Chris_Gargano
    Chris_Gargano
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,
    To be clear .... when I hit save diagnostic to file no dialog opens up offering me to save generate or develop any report.
    Chris

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @Chris_Gargano,

We have not downloaded 1Password to any IOS device at this time. It is on my PC and her Mac. Given the issues we were having we chose to pause until we could get the Mac and PC working. I will send diagnostic report for one and await the reference number and then send the other.

You don't have to do that because you could send both files in one email on the computers, the reference ID is only needed for the mobile devices as you can't attach files in the email client there, thus more than 1 email needs to be sent to us. However at this point, just send us anything you have, we'll start from there.

Re your question about dropbox account .... we only have one account as we assumed that would be easier. We were going to link all devices to that one account.

It is not always easy but sharing a folder between Dropbox accounts is just as easy. However, thanks for the info as that does make the issue even stranger since the files should be consistent on both PCs and Macs.

Went to the help .... diagnostic report generator and hit save to file. Nothing happens .... the drop down just disappears. I assume the report is generated within a couple minutes.

It should be mere seconds. Is this happening on a Mac or PC, or both? Can you tell me what versions of OS and 1Password are installed?

• Chris_Gargano
    Chris_Gargano
    Community Member
    Options

Only tried on the PC and then stopped. Will try to generate the Mac diagnostic in the next 30 minutes. PC using Windows 7 about to upgrade to 10 but holding off until this is resolved. Password is version 4 .... don't see any sub #'s perhaps I don't know where to look. I checked properties in my start menu. Interestingly .... on the Mac, my wife can get to her vault by using the app Icon at the bottom of her Mac page but can not see it when using the Safari browser extension. Still can't see it on my PC nor in the Dropbox account.
    Chris

• Chris_Gargano
    Chris_Gargano
    Community Member
    Options

Got report for Mac .... labeled Gargano Mac for Mike T
    Chris

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Chris_Gargano,

We got the report, we'll reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

ref: BJZ-78566-419

This discussion has been closed.