Letters missing from headings on items list page

xanatori
xanatori
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

In the last version (I guess) it was working. In the new 1Password Alpha 1.15.7.290 there is this strange bug:

The letters in these boxes are missing. But if I tap on lets say the third in the first row, it leads me to the c. But the c won't show up in the blue box.

Device: Nokia Lumia 830

1Password Version: 1Password Alpha 1.15.7.290
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2
Sync Type: Dropbox (.opvault)

Comments

• Thanks @xanatori, fix is coming

• @xanatori please try Alpha Release 9 to see if the problem persist

• xanatori
    xanatori
    Community Member

Works! But I would like it more if the colors of the background and the letters would be changed. (White letters and colored background). So more how it is in the app list. :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The latest alpha team newsletter includes a link to a recent blog post, in which developer Mohamed writes about that issue, @xanatori.

Check it out here!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@DBrown - On this topic, I wonder if the hamburger menu needs to be highlighted in blue when it's selected? If you look at Microsoft apps like the App Store and Groove Music (I'm using WP 10) when the hamburger icon is selected there's just a subtle animation to show it's been pressed. (However, maybe this is part of trying to keep 1Password's identity for Windows, like the blog post alludes to?)

Also, on Windows Phone, maybe there could be a sliding animation for the side menu, as there is for Microsoft's Groove Music and the App Store, so the transition isn't as jarring? On the other hand, I know not everyone likes animation in apps.

And, will settings be coming back to the app - I can't seem to find this in the new beta? However, overall, I'm liking the direction the app is taking - the new slide out drawer makes a lot more sense than having folders & categories on separate pages. Keep up the good work!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Settings is one of the icons at the bottom of the page that appears when you tap the Nav button. Here's how it looked in release 7 (announced last week):

Bear in mind that it may, in fact, be missing from the latest build, but that would be an oversight—I haven't heard anything about it being removed intentionally.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@DBrown - Hi, the settings icons are there but I can only see the tops of the icons. The settings bar seems to be cut off at the bottom. I'm using a Lumia 640 and have reverted back to Windows Phone 8.1. I wonder if it's anything to do with the 720p display, or something else?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pbryanw , can you upload a screenshot of this behaviour? It would be easier for us to diagnose the cause of this issue.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@mohamedosman - Hi, here is the requested screenshot:
    pbryanw.co.uk/windows%20phone.png

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

Hi again, it seems that reinstalling the app has fixed the settings problem for me. However, I'm having some other problems with the app so I'll create a new thread for this.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @pbryanw.

This discussion has been closed.