Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified

reck
reck
Community Member

Hello,

I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 and now when I try and use 1Password with my browser (Firefox) I get the following error message.

Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified.
Filling and other features are disabled until this issue is resolved.

So how I can resolve this issue? I followed the link to the troubleshooting page for this issue but it seems to be aimed at Chrome users rather than Firefox.

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @reck,

Upgrading to Windows 10 should not modify your Firefox's code signature. Rather than disabling 1Password's security feature to protect you from bad copies of the browser, can you try reinstalling Firefox first and see if it will work with 1Password?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

I've just tried to reinstall FF over my installation but it's not helped. I could uninstall FF completely and reisntall to see if that helps but I think i'll lose my extensions, preferences, open tabs, tab groups etc if I do that.

Is there any other way to sort of this issue other than reinstalling FF?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@reck: Not really. The other possibility is that something is preventing 1Password from connecting to the browser to verify the signature (often security software does this, so you may try disabling that temporarily), or that the browser has an invalid signature — either due to modification, or damage of some kind. In which case reinstalling a fresh copy would be the only solution. Please let me know what you find!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

OK I’ve just uninstalled Firefox 39, downloaded it again and reinstalled but i’m still getting the same error message. I then uninstalled again and went into my appdata folder and deleted the Mozilla folders and reinstalled again but it’s not making any difference, still getting the error message.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@reck: I'm sorry that you're still having trouble. At this point the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to see if we can determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: HKI-24913-255

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

OK brenty, diag report sent.

Thanks

• Hi @reck,

Thanks, we got the report and will reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing it.

ref: HKI-24913-255

This discussion has been closed.