1PasswordAnywhere not working with Dropbox [2015-08-07: working again; fix deployed by Dropbox]

darish
darish
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Lounge

Hey guys,

I can't access my 1password Anywhere file from dropbox. I followed the help guide but nothing worked. Was it a change on dropbox's end that prevents me from accessing 1password Anywhere? I've seen an issue with it in the past https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/23503/1password-anywhere-encryptionkeys-js-problem

Love the product guys!

Darish

AgileBits Update:
2015-08-07: 1PasswordAnywhere is now working with Dropbox again after a fix was successfully deployed by Dropbox on their end.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@darish: Thanks for reporting this. I swear I just used it the other day, so I fully expected it to work just now but I am seeing what I expect you are:

It looks like there was a similar issue about a year ago, but Dropbox issued a patch that resolved it. I'm afraid I don't have any information to give you at the moment, but we'll investigate to see what's going on. I apologize for the inconvenience!

ref: OPM-1763

• rlee
    rlee
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue all of a sudden. Please help!

• dlholmes
    dlholmes
    Community Member

Finally corrected the mini version problem after updating to 5 but deleted old info from DB and now can't sync new to Dropbox

window info:
    A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

1Password Version: 5
    Extension Version: 5.3.2
    OS Version: os X 10.10.4
    Sync Type: Dropbox
    Referrer: forum-search:can't sync with DB because https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rlee: It's likely that Dropbox has changed something on their end, since we haven't made any changes to 1PasswordAnywhere. We're investigating the issue and will post here with any updates.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Finally corrected the mini version problem after updating to 5 but deleted old info from DB and now can't sync new to Dropbox

@dlholmes: Sorry for the confusion! I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your post into an existing discussion.

This isn't a Dropbox Sync issue, but rather a problem with the website not allowing the necessary files to be loaded on the fly by 1PasswordAnywhere. Your data is just as you left it, and you can continue using the 1Password apps on your devices, but unless we can find a resolution with Dropbox, 1PasswordAnywhere will not work from their website. I'm sorry for the trouble, but be sure to let me know if you have any questions. We don't have much information at this time, but hopefully more will be forthcoming.

• NathEntwistle
    NathEntwistle
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

I'm currently having a lot of trouble with 1Password.Anywhere. When trying to open the html file I'm getting the error "Problem loading 1Password data file A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it. Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips."

Also I get the warning pictured below

I have gone through this troubleshooting and nothing has worked. I've also searched these forums for advice and have tried changing my master password and deleting all my dropbox files and re-syncing - Neither of which have worked.

Right now I'm all out of ideas. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Cheers,

Nath

1Password Version: 5.4.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 8.4

• jphjph
    jphjph
    Community Member

Mine was also working fine until this morning. Does anyone know if dropbox have made changes in the last 24 hours?

When I click on the Key File link when the error pops up I get an Error (403) but when I click on EncryptionKeys.js file in dropbox webview I can open the file.

• mck_sw
    mck_sw
    Community Member

I've spent a good hour on this today, reading through different posts here, trying different things, and getting nowhere. rather frustrating.

Loading 1Password.html from dropbox, like i always do, today started giving me the dreaded

There seems nothing wrong with the data though, for example (i just figured out) that i can open it fine from the local filesystem using

chromium --allow-file-access-from-files ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html

What might have changed with Dropbox today to stop me accessing the vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• derkai3
    derkai3
    Community Member

I got the same issue (again). As long as there is no Chrome extension working with ChromeOS, I need 1PasswordAnywhere to work.

Hope the issue gets resolved soon. Thanks for your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@NathEntwistle, @jphjph, @mck_sw: I've merged your posts into a related discussion about the current problem of using 1PasswordAnywhere with Dropbox. As @brenty has mentioned earlier:

It's likely that Dropbox has changed something on their end, since we haven't made any changes to 1PasswordAnywhere. We're investigating the issue and will post here with any updates.

We appreciate your patience until this is resolved!

• NathEntwistle
    NathEntwistle
    Community Member

Ah! Thanks @sjk ! I'm glad it's been noticed and is under review. Much appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NathEntwistle,

We're sorry this is causing you trouble, and we'll provide an update as soon as we know more. :)

• froghammer
    froghammer
    Community Member

Just FYI: I've got the exact same failure mode across Safari (8.0.7), Chrome (44.0.2403.125 (64-bit)), and Firefox (39.0) on OS X 10.10.4 while attempting to use 1Password Anywhere from the DropBox web interface (i.e., I'm not attempting local file access)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that info, @froghammer. As far as we know this issue is limited to 1PasswordAnywhere access through the Dropbox site. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Just a quick update: we've been in contact with Dropbox, and they're working on deploying a fix. We'll update the thread once we have more news, but I suspect that folks might just notice it's working without having to check back here. ;)

• maxbulwa
    maxbulwa
    Community Member

Use it - Need iT-- please help, 1PasswordAnywhere stopped working.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
    OS Version: OSX
    Referrer: ug:mac/1passwordanywhere, kb:diagnostics

• maxbulwa
    maxbulwa
    Community Member

Not sure what you pointed me to but the issue with me is the file : encryptionKeys.js

• maxbulwa
    maxbulwa
    Community Member

is that threat today's?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @maxbulwa,

I've moved your posts to the related discussion that thightower referred to. There is currently an issue with 1PasswordAnywhere not working with Dropbox and a fix is in progress:

Just a quick update: we've been in contact with Dropbox, and they're working on deploying a fix.

The error you're seeing is a symptom of the problem with 1PasswordAnywhere being temporarily unavailable until this is resolved. There is no threat from it.

• shyshy
    shyshy
    Community Member

Trying to access 1password.html like I normally do through Dropbox to find my login info. Recently, however, I have not been able to access any of my vaults due to this error.

I am not going through my local file system. It seems that it 403's when requesting encryptionKeys.js

I have not changed the directory names that lead up to this file either.

OS Version: Not Provided

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I'm too busy at the moment to search for the relevant thread.

But Dropbox have recently upgraded their interface in a way that causes this problem with 1PW. They are working on solving it.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@shyshy I have moved your post from the 1P for Mac forum to the Lounge and merged it with a thread which deals with the problem you mention and explains the current situation.

Stephen

• mmcalli
    mmcalli
    Community Member

I am having problems accessing 1Password Anywhere. Seeing as I use the Mac Beta, I thought I'd post in here in case that's what caused it.

The error is that when I try and open 1Password Anywhere in my browser, I get the following error:-

A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1pass/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

This error overlays the login page. I can try and login but get no success.

Note, I get this error in Firefox and Google Chrome on three separate computers, two of which run OSX and one which is running Windows 7.

Note, I am successfully logged into Dropbox on their website, and can browse the dropbox folders.

1Password Version: 5.4.BETA-29 (540029)
    OS Version: 10.10.4
    Sync Type: DropBox

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @mmcalli,

Dropbox made a change that's causing attempted 1PasswordAnywhere usage to fail with the error you're seeing. They've told us they're working on a fix but haven't given us an estimate for how long it'll take before it's deployed.

I've moved your post to the Lounge discussion about this issue and we'll continue posting additional information here once we have it.

• Uliana
    Uliana
    Community Member

I always the html-version of 1password from the Dropbox. For the last 2 days when I try to access it, I see this box: http://joxi.ru/n2Y504eHlvP326
    The error page looks like this: http://joxi.ru/DmBDRklhnMaVAP
    I followed your instructions up to Step 2: my Dropbox works, the key data file is fine. I cannot repair the sync keychain, because I never could install 1Password for Windows (I'm ok with that, it must be Kaspersky).

Our account is used by 11 people.

Need help! Thank you,

Uliana

OS Version: Windows 10
    Referrer: forum-search:key data file

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Uliana,

The trouble you're having is caused by a recent change by Dropbox. There's more information about it in this Lounge discussion where I've moved your post. Sorry for the disruption until Dropbox finishes fixing this!

• Uliana
    Uliana
    Community Member

Thank you :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @Uliana. Hoping this is all cleared up soon!

• karen2012
    karen2012
    Community Member

I need help

This discussion has been closed.