Missing 1Password extension in SFSafariViewController [Stay tuned for updates on the Github issue]

tapzapp
tapzapp
Community Member
edited August 2015 in iOS

Hi,

I've had the 1Password extension integrated with my app for quite a long time now. Since it came out. But now with iOS 9's SFSafariViewController, I'd like to be able to support that. However, in my testing, so far the 1Password extension does not seem to show up in the SFSafariViewController when you tap on the Share button.

The "Things" extension shows up under "More..." and allows me to add the current website I'm visiting to it. So I know it's possible to have extensions show up in SFSafariViewController. 1Password shows up properly in the regular Safari on iOS 9, but just not in SFSafariViewController.

Is this something that needs to be supported by 1Password in their extension? Or is there a setting I need to flip on? Or is it a problem on Apple's end?

I'm sure my customers have come to rely on the 1Password extension within my app's current integrated WebKit browser. But I'd really love to provide the SFSafariViewController instead.

Thanks,

Brendan

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9 (13A4325c)
Sync Type:

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @tapzapp,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us and for reporting this issue :+1:

We did receive some reports about the 1Password extension not showing up in the share sheet in third party SFSafariViewControllers.

We are currently investigating this issue and at this stage we do not know whether it is an iOS 9-specific issue, or if it is a 1Password issue.

I just filed issue #239 on the App Extension API Github repo where we will post updates.

Please feel free to join the discussion on the issue and to comment if you find anything useful. See you there :wink:

Best,

ref: OPI-2888

This discussion has been closed.