My 1password is staying open after I leave it - how do I close or log off

RetirementRules
RetirementRules
Community Member

I opened Dropbox using 1browser - logged out - went back to 1password - then left the app but it stayed open. Never did this before - I thought it closed automatically

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password stays open

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RetirementRules,

I'm curious to know what your lock settings are in the Preferences pane. I would also like a bit more detail on the steps that you took that led to this unexpected behaviour. For example, when you say you logged out, did you log out of Dropbox or lock 1Password?

You posted this in the Mac forums, but the term 1Browser is something that we use for the in-app browser in 1Password for iOS. When you say '1Browser', are you referring to the 1Password extension in the browser on your desktop? Or are you referring to the browser in 1Password for iOS? (I know, the terminology can be a little bit confusing!)

• RetirementRules
    RetirementRules
    Community Member

I changed the settings in Preferences as suggested and that seemed to do the trick. I guess I posted this in the wrong forum shd have been in 1password for iOS.
    I logged out of Dropbox and then close 1 password - when I came back a few minutes later 1password was still open - that had not happened b4

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RetirementRules,

Since it turns out you're asking about the iOS version of 1Password, I've moved your thread to our iOS forum in case you need more help with that. Thanks for letting us know!

1Browser is a web browser that is built into the 1Password app, so 1Password should stay unlocked while you're actively using 1Browser. I'm not sure that's causing the confusion, but I wanted to mention it in case you thought 1Browser was a separate app.

If you're actually switching to a completely different app on your iOS device, 1Password will lock immediately if you have the Lock on Exit option enabled in 1Password > Settings > Security. Otherwise, if that option is turned off, 1Password will lock itself after the period of time selected in 1Password > Settings > Auto-Lock. So, if 1Password used to lock itself sooner after switching to a different app, it could be that you used to have Lock on Exit enabled, or Auto-Lock was set to a shorter period of time.

Hopefully you're all set now since you've changed the settings, but if you have more questions about that, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.