enters the password in the correct box but would not load the page automatically

This happens only on a couple of sites. I have to click the "logon" button to get started.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:enters the password in the correct box but would not load the page automatically

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdbahng,

If it's happening on a couple of sites I wonder if it's something specific to those sites. The way our auto submit feature works is by mimicking the pressing of the enter key while focus is on either the username field or password field. So as a test, what happens if you visit one of these problematic sites and instead of having 1Password fill, you copy and paste the two fields over and then after pasting in the password you press enter, does the site log you in or does it force you to click the login button?

Interacting with Javascript buttons is, I believe, extremely fiddly/fragile which is why we opted down this other route. As you've found, this works for most sites and it's only a small number that I've found don't. Now if you find pressing the enter key does log you in or you want us to take a look we'll be happy to do so if you could let us know the URLs for the problematic sites. Please do let us know how you get along :smile:

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member

Yes, if I press return key on my keyboard, both sites open as used to. Filling in the username and password can be either manually via keyboard or via 1Password mini has the same effect; I have to click the logon button or return key. The two sites are "Bank of America (Florida)" and " American Express". Thank you.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@jdbahng - I can't offer assistance to you, but I have read threads like this enough to know that you can help AgileBits help you, if you would supply the exact URL for your sites, not just their names. If you see this, you can speed things up by doing that now.

If you feel the URLs are confidential, you could email them to support+forum@agilebits.com. Include a link to this thread in your message. You'll receive an automated reply that includes a ticket number. You could help too by posting that ticket number back here in this thread.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdbahng,

I tried the Bank of America site and when I created a test Login item it successfully attempted to log me in. Now it failed because I was using dummy data but the Auto-submit feature worked. Given this can you check something for us please. I'd like you to edit your Bank of America Login item from within the main 1Password window. In edit mode two new options will become visible and I'm suspecting that the one titled submit may be set to Never submit instead of the default Submit when enabled. If this is the case I believe switching it back to the default may be all you need to do. Is this the case and does it help?

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member

To: littlebobbytables,
    I followed your suggestion; in edit mode it showed "submit when enabled", but it still did not work. If I were to start over again, i.e. delete the current login item and redo as if it is the new one, would that help?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@jdbahng - I hope you don't mind this suggestion, since I am not @littlebobbytables, but I would try recreating your misbehaving logins, if I were experiencing your problems, particularly since littlebobbytables was able to get his record to fill correctly.

Have you read the instructions on How to manually save a Login? Doing that gives 1Password the most information about a difficult web site and increases the chance of success. You might want to give that a try.

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member

I tried, but sorry to say that it did not work. Thanks for the suggestion.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdbahng,

I think at this juncture it might be worth knowing the following information.

1. Your preferred browser and the browser version.
    2. Which version of the 1Password extension is installed.
    3. Open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G to open a Go to the Folder window. Paste in the following path and click the Go button (the path is ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper). Do you see a file titled 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt in there?

Sorry about this, given my first attempt at a new Login did attempt to auto submit I'm confident we should be able to get it working for you too.

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member
    1. Safari version 8.0.7
    2. 1Password extension 4.4.2
    3. no, (blank, nothing shown)
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdbahng,

I think we might have found the issue. The function of 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt is to mimic the pressing of the enter key, indeed the entire contents of that file are

--This simple script allows 1Password
    --to perform autosubmit by pressing the return key on your behalf
    tell application "System Events" to keystroke return

One simple task but it needs to be done by an AppleScript at the moment.

So we can get 1Password to recreate this file but as a Mac App Store customer (like myself) it's a bit trickier than normal because where the file needs to be stored is not accessible without authorisation - it's a sandboxing issue. I wrote a sequence of steps in this post that will hopefully result in the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt being recreated and at least the Bank of America site (hopefully both) submitting properly again. Please do let us know :smile:

• jdbahng
    jdbahng
    Community Member

Hi littlebobbytables,
    It works! I went through your steps, and sure enough it is now working for both sites.
    Thank you so much. Have a great day!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @jdbahng, I'm glad we could get this resolved for you and get things back on track. If you have any other questions or issues you know where to come :smile:

This discussion has been closed.