Can I have both Safari and Firefox extensions on Password at the same time?

I presently have an extension on my MAC for Safari for using 1Password version 3.8.22. My Safari is 5.1.10 and is thus not the most recent by far. I have MAC OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) on my MAC. I would like to be able to use Firefox 40.0.2 in addition to my Safari and use 1Password. It this possible? Also I have an older iPhone running 6.1.6 (which is the newest I can install on this phone) and an iPAD running 8.4.1. Both of these devices have 1Password (version 4.3.2 on the iPhone and 5.4.3 on the iPAD) installed on them of the appropriate vintage. Is it possible to have both Safari and Firefox extensions on them and use 1Password successfully?

thanks, BobHaden

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple extensions

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sircooper,

I would like to be able to use Firefox 40.0.2 in addition to my Safari and use 1Password. It this possible?

Unfortunately, Firefox has made some changes in their most recent update that have made the 1Password 3 extension incompatible. You can learn more in our support article here.

Also I have an older iPhone running 6.1.6 (which is the newest I can install on this phone) and an iPAD running 8.4.1. Both of these devices have 1Password (version 4.3.2 on the iPhone and 5.4.3 on the iPAD) installed on them of the appropriate vintage. Is it possible to have both Safari and Firefox extensions on them and use 1Password successfully?

On iOS, the extension situation is slightly different.

For your devices running 1Password 4 for iOS: The 1Password app extension was introduced in version 5, so you won't have access to it in version 4. (In fact, the iOS infrastructure to allow extensions wasn't introduced until iOS 8, so even if we were able to update the app itself, the iOS wouldn't support it.)

For your devices using 1Password 5 for iOS: You can learn about how to install and use the 1Password app extension in our iOS User Guide. It is important to note that on iOS, each app must enable the app extension in order for it to work. Because Safari is the default iOS browser, the extension can be enabled there, but Firefox has yet to implement support, so you'll need to copy and paste your passwords from 1Password 5 for iOS when you wish to sign into a website using mobile Firefox.

I hope this answers your questions, but we're happy to help if you have any more. :)

This discussion has been closed.