Amazon: international websites

Hi there,

1Password is not working so well with the different Amazon websites. In my case, Amazon.com is saved in my vault. However, when I'm trying to login to Amazon.de or Amazon.co.uk, the app doesn't recognize the website. Anything I can do to make this work better?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @larsvanzanten,

There isn't a way to say work with https://www.amazon.* I'm afraid but what you can do is add additional website fields to your Amazon login, one per country that you're interested in. Your first website field probably has a long path which is the URL for the Amazon login page. You can either try copying that over and just alter the top level domain or add https://amazon.de or https://amazon.co.uk. 1Password will then recognise this as a legitimate Login item when you visit those sites.

Does that help?

• steve510
    steve510
    Community Member

I worked in software QA for 5 years at Peoplesoft. I have Windows 8 Pro & Windows 7 HM machines with 1password 4.6.0.584 installed. I use chrome and it doesn't matter which machine I try. 1password can't login to Amazon.com. I have two accounts I use on amazon. When I am at work, I try to login to amazon business. Amazon will not allow login using 1password. When it sees the form filled in, a capcha is thrown up and it doesn't matter how many capcha codes you type, you are not getting logged in. I just changed my password and manually entered the new password. I save the login in 1password. When I want to check out, I need to login again but here comes the capcha loop again.
    1 password FAILS to login to Amazon.com repeatedly. I can't believe I am the only one seeing this. You need to work with Amazon to fix this problem. Amazon is help LESS for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steve510: Indeed, I happen to be a bit of an Amazon junkie (just ask my wife), but I haven't experienced any issues logging in, both with and without Autosubmit...in spite of "a few" transactions here and there. ;)

Now, I don't know what you mean by "Amazon business", so perhaps that accounts for what you're describing. I've never seen a CAPTCHA on Amazon. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password*, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific URLs? Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. Thanks in advance! :)

*It appears that you need to update 1Password to the latest version.

• larsvanzanten
    larsvanzanten
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Works like a charm, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you're most welcome! Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.