1Password 3 extension issue with Firefox 40.0 [resolved by upgrading to version 5 and new extension]

2»

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nickwhite,

The problem you ran into sounds like it was different than the one from the previous discussion, so I've moved your message into this thread for (what sounds like) the same issue. I hope you don't mind!

I was using v3.8.21 but the toolbar icon disappeared after a restart today on my MBP - I presume because the OS updated on the restart and that version was not compatible?

When you say "toolbar icon" are you referring to the 1Password extension that appears in the toolbar of a web browser? If so, are you using Firefox 40? If you are, this knowledgebase article will explain what happened: 1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later

I tried loading v5, which I was unaware even existed before!
    v5.3.2 now working fine on my MBP OS10.10.5...

As the article from the above knowledgebase article explains, upgrading to 1Password 5 is certainly one of the options to continue using 1Password with Firefox.

So far my previously saved passwords seem to have transferred over ok (phew).

I'm glad to hear it! The first time you open 1Password 5, it looks for existing 1Password data on the Mac. It sounds like that worked as expected.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions about that (or if I completely misunderstood the problem), please let us know. Thanks! :)

• ozo
    ozo
    Community Member

Hello,
    1Password is running on my iMac (according to the Dock icon) but the Key icon has disappeared from the Firefox Task Bar. My building had an Internet blackout today and it may be the reason (?). How do I get 1Password to show up again on the task bar and enter passwords for me again? I'm running 1Password 3.8.22 on my iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5. Thank you.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password working until recently. now not logging into selected accts..

I hope you don't mind, but I split your post into a new thread. Your issue was unrelated to the thread you posted it in, and this should help you get help sooner.
  • ozo
    ozo
    Community Member

Hello,
    1Password Key icon has disappeared from the Firefox toolbar. I tried reinstalling the Firefox extension. Tried restarting both Firefox and 1PW. I tried restarting the whole computer. How do I get 1Password to show up again on the toolbar and do its job for me again? I'm running 1Password 3.8.22 on my iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5. Firefox 40.0. Thank you.
    Oz

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@ozo I have merged your post with an existing thread on the same subject. Please refer to the link in the AgileBits post preceding yours in this thread. For ease I've reproduced it here:

1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ozo,

I noticed you posted about this same issue in another thread, so I also merged that into this discussion.

The link from Stephen's reply will explain why the 1Password 3 extension icon disappeared from Firefox 40, and what your options are. Since your Mac is running Yosemite, I think the best solution is to upgrade to 1Password 5, but you certainly have other options if you'd rather continue using 1Password 3. If you have any questions about that, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.