New Mac won't sync to my Drop Box. AGDatabaseError Exception

I get an error message on the Mac, but all of my other devices are working to sync with Dropbox.
Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at file://localhost/Users/BUD/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:EDatabaseError- Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at , kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb-search:AGDatabaseError- Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at 'file://localhost/Users/BUD/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys', kb-search:AG Database Error, kb-search:/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'

Comments

• bbullard
    bbullard
    Community Member

I am also periodically receiving a Database Backup Failed error message stating that "The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more keys files may be missing."

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bbullard,

Like your other discussion, I've moved this one to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum, since you'll be able to get more help with that version of 1Password 3 here.

It sounds like you're trying to set up 1Password 3 on your new Mac and sync your vault from Dropbox. In your other discussion, you were given a link to our download site, and at the bottom of that site is a link to download 1Password 3.8.33. Have you downloaded/installed that on your Mac?

If so, the next step is to make sure the Dropbox app is installed on that Mac, and that all your Dropbox files have completely downloaded to that Mac - including/especially your 1Password.agilekeychain file. If that file hasn't finished downloading yet, you'll get an error trying to use it in 1Password. If it has completely downloaded, you should be able to double-click the 1Password.agilekeychain file, or drag it to the 1Password 3 app icon to open it.

As for the Database Backup Failed error message you're getting, that might be solved once you take care of the first problem. Can you let us know how it goes up to this point? If you're still having trouble, please let us know the exact steps you're taking and what happens, and we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.