Can I use icloud Drive with 1P 3.8.22

PerryDawsey
PerryDawsey
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Can I Just my sync/copy 1P file to icloud?

I just want to sync of certain thing to 1P on my iphone.
Thanks Brian

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 5.4.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Sorry @PerryDawsey, 1Password 3 for Mac isn't capable of synchronising with either the new iCloud Drive or even the old iCloud. The only version of 1Password for Mac that is capable of communicating with iCloud Drive is 1Password 5 which requires Yosemite. One of the key differences between 1Password 4 and 5 and why 5 requires Yosemite is this support for iCloud Drive which is limited to only iOS 8 and Yosemite.

Your options for synchronsing 1Password 3 for Mac are as follows:

1. If you're trying to synchronise to 1Password for iPhone/iPad/Pro (AKA v3) then your only option is Wi-Fi Sync (version 3 of 1Password for iOS cannot sync via Dropbox after an API change).
    2. If you're trying to synchronise to 1Password 4/5 for iOS then your only option is Dropbox. Wi-Fi Sync changed dramatically in 1Password 4 so Wi-Fi Sync isn't compatible between versions 3 & 4. 1Password 4 though does use Dropbox's newer API and so can sync using this cloud service.

So that's the current state of play in regards to 1Password 3 for Mac. If you have any follow up questions at all please do ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.