Secure notes cannot highlight text properly...

Options
4EverMaAT
4EverMaAT
Community Member

I noticed that when I view a secure note to copy text from it, 1P forces the user to copy the entire note. This can be several thousand characters. There is no method to select only portions that you wish to copy. This is odd since secure notes is 100% text characters. When you long-press on any text within the secure note, android should select the closest word or group of words with 2 handle bars that allow the user to customize their selection. Then a menu that allows users to 'select all', 'copy selection', etc

See this screenshot for an example of correct text selection implementation:

The arrows point to the handle bars to custom select text and then the 'copy selection' button.

I have the 'free' version. I do NOT need to edit the secure note. I should be able to select small portions of text without any issues. This is a bug as far as I'm concerned, unless I am doing something wrong. But the 'copy all' or nothing approach is annoying. Emailing this problem didn't get any response. I'm actually surprised no one has caught this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (gt n7100), root access.

1Password Version: 4.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @4EverMaAT. Thanks for contacting us with your feedback today! :)

You are absolutely right. At the moment, it's not possible to copy portions of Secure Notes. Long pressing on any part of a Secure Note will copy the entire note to the clipboard.

I understand how this can be an inconvenience, especially given the length of some Secure Notes, so I've gone ahead and reported this to the developers.
    ref: OPA-611

Thanks again for the feedback, and let us know if you have any other suggestions!

• peri
    Options

I certainly will do that! :)

You're also welcome to keep an eye on our release notes if you're ever curious about what's been fixed or improved in a recent update.

This discussion has been closed.