Difference in field label capitalisation

smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

Hey folks

One-Time Password is capitalised whereas all other field labels are not. This sets my OCD on edge!

Tom

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

One-Time Password is capitalised

Hmm, very interesting... Are you by any chance using the 1P for iOS beta? If so I'll move this to the iOS beta forum.

Stephen

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Sorry, yes, I thought I'd posted in the beta forum. Thanks Stephen.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@smallcheese‌ I've moved the thread to the 1P for iOS beta forum.

Stephen

• MrRooni
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the report, @smallcheese‌! I will open a bug report for this one.

ref: OPI-2247

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

This is still the case! Just a nudge!

• Thanks for the tiny nudge. This is a low priority on our list, so once we get higher-prioritized issues resolved, we'll visit this one. That means, it might be a while before we get to fix this.

• TheMacMommy
    TheMacMommy
    Community Member

Comparing field labels from 1Password for Mac (1Password 5 Version 5.4.BETA-35 (540035) Agile Beta vs 1Password for iOS v5.5 on iPhone 5s they are inconsistent and this really bugs me, too. The labels are all lower case in the iOS version, but in the Mac version they are proper title case. For example, in iOS "ID" looks like "id" which makes reading the fields while inputting lots of data tricky on the eyes. I'd also like to see this part of the UI look consistent between platforms. I understand it is low priority as this was last asked about 6 months ago, but I wanted to add a gentle nudge with perhaps a little more clarification to see if it could be mixed into the next batch of polish the iOS update gets. Thanks for all you do!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @TheMacMommy,

Thanks for your feedback about this:

Comparing field labels from 1Password for Mac (1Password 5 Version 5.4.BETA-35 (540035) Agile Beta vs 1Password for iOS v5.5 on iPhone 5s they are inconsistent and this really bugs me, too.

Just to clarify, the original issue that smallcheese reported was resolved in one of the 5.5 beta builds of 1Password for iOS by displaying the one-time password field label in all lowercase. That's also true with other field labels, as you've mentioned:

The labels are all lower case in the iOS version, …

Plus the remainder is true:

… but in the Mac version they are proper title case.

My understanding is that this label case difference between platform versions is intentional.

I'd also like to see this part of the UI look consistent between platforms. I understand it is low priority as this was last asked about 6 months ago, but I wanted to add a gentle nudge with perhaps a little more clarification to see if it could be mixed into the next batch of polish the iOS update gets.

That would be a separate issue and request, which I can bring up with the developers so they can consider it. While they wouldn't promise if or when this would be changed hopefully they can explain why it currently is as it is.

Thanks for all you do!

We appreciate the kind words, and thank you for your support of 1Password! :chuffed:

• TheMacMommy
    TheMacMommy
    Community Member

Thank you for looking into this. I am curious why all field labels would be intentionally lower case only in the iOS version. (Sorry I posted it to the wrong thread. I did a search for the topic and thought it fit here.)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @TheMacMommy,

I am curious why all field labels would be intentionally lower case only in the iOS version.

The intention is for consistency with lowercase field labels in other iOS apps, like Contacts. It does look like we went too far by not displaying modified default or new custom field labels with case preserved, which is possible in Contacts by using Add Custom Label to create "any case" field labels.

(Sorry I posted it to the wrong thread. I did a search for the topic and thought it fit here.)

No reason to apologize and not really the "wrong" thread since the issues are related. Glad you brought this up, here or anywhere :), and it is something we'll look to improve! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.