Get 1Password bundle after buying the Mac version?

After purchasing and using the Mac and iOS versions of 1Password extensively, I have found that I would love to use it on my Windows PC at home and work. I didn't buy the Mac/Windows bundle at first because I wasn't sure how I would like it. Now that I've switched completely over from the old password vault I was using, I would like to get the Windows version. But it would be super great if I could pay the incremental price to move to the bundle instead of buying the Windows version separately. Is that possible??

Comments

• @dadwithkids - yes, you can upgrade to the Mac/Windows bundle using the upgrade option in our store. If you need any further help with this, you can email us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

err, @LauraR, doesn't "upgrading to the Mac/Windows bundle" result in him having 2 Mac licences and 1 Windows licence? I think the option he needs is "update to Windows".

• You can upgrade to Mac/Windows bundle using the Upgrade option and your current 1Password for Mac license.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Yes @LauraR but when you click on the Upgrade button you are presented with 4 options:

1Password Mac + Windows Bundle
    1Password 5 for Mac
    1Password 4 for Windows
    Knox for Mac

The way you worded it made it sound like he should select the Bundle option when he should in fact select the "1Password 4 for Windows" option.

• @RichardPayne - Thanks and yes, you are correct. If you want to add 1Password 4 for Windows this is the option you will need to select from the upgrade page.

• mikeblume
    mikeblume
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Question:
    To confirm, is it correct to say if a person does this (purchases an individual copy then upgrades their licence to the bundle through the store), then they will only pay the bundle difference (additional $20) and not the full price of the bundle ($70)?

Answer:
    No. You receive a discount but it isn't the full benefit of purchasing a bundle from the start. With the current pricing, you pay $35, which is $15 more than the difference of the bundle vs your OSX purchase; or $15 less than if you purchased the individual Windows licence.

More Details:
    OS X Purchase: $50

In total, I paid $85 (50+35) for both purchased separately, which allows me not to have to purchase both individually (saving $15). But it still costs $15 more than purchasing the bundle upfront.

My opinion is the software is nice, but there are a bunch of free software out there that are beginning to do the same job. It's understood, you have to pay for some good dedicated programmers, but $50 should have covered both Windows and OS X. Not to mention, there was another $10 if you have an iOS device, which is not included in any of these bundles.

Note:
    All prices above include an extra penny. Real prices are a penny less (e.g., instead of $50, the real price is $49.99 USD).

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @mikeblume,

I checked your order, you bought the Mac + Windows bundle license in addition to your Mac license, not the individual Windows license, which would've given you the Windows license at 25$, totaling 65$, 5$ more than the outright bundle cost, not 85$.

There is no need to purchase the bundle license because you already have the Mac license, so a Windows license is the only purchase you have to do.

I can issue you a partial refund immediately if you'd like. Please email us at support+license@agilebits.com with the link to this thread and we'll process your refund.

• britops
    britops
    Community Member

I purchased 1Password via the Mac App Store and the IOS version, I too would like the PC version (I'm running Windows via Bootcamp on my Mac). One user, three versions. I would appreciate a better bundle price.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@britops: We only have one bundle and therefore one bundle price for everyone (apart from the occasional sale), but as mentioned previously, if you email your Mac App Store receipt to support+license@agilebits.com we'll be happy to give you a coupon for the difference. Cheers! :)

• mikeblume
    mikeblume
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@MikeT
    I guess I misunderstood the above comments. I thought it suggested I should purchase the Mac+Windows bundle and that it would automatically recognize that I had a Mac purchase (as it did) and adjust the price accordingly, which I thought happened before I paid as there was a discount displayed.

I still paid $85 in total ($50+35), but I don't see where you are getting the $65 figure from. Today's prices as of 24AUG2015:

• Standalone Mac = $50
    • Standalone Win = $50
    • Mac + Win Bundle = $70
    • Standalone Mac ($50) + Standalone Win ($25) = $75 (according to your comment)

Maybe the $65 was a typo?

@brenty
    I didn't know the bundle also included the iOS. -- thanks!

@MikeT @brenty
    Thank you so much for the attention and the quick response. I've witnessed some bad customer service in my day and will say that I'm impressed and very much appreciate this. I think this speaks volumes towards recommending the software.

I'll email the license support group and see if they can get my account settled. Thanks again!

Other thoughts: I suspect I'll provide feedback elsewhere, but working with 1Password in Win10 is a pain. The interface isn't as great as the version on the Mac. I don't know if that's a Mac vs Win thing, or a difference between iPassword4 and iPassword5; however, there are certain things that don't seem to work as intended, still I think it's better than nothing. I think paying a one-time fee is also better than subscription-based pricing. In those regards, I could certainly support a $60 cross-platform bundle ($70 still feels a bit much for some reason), but with support like this the extra $10 is certainly bearable.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@brenty
    I didn't know the bundle also included the iOS. -- thanks!

@mikeblume I may be massively wrong here but I think @brenty misspoke. The iOS and Android licenses are not included in the bundle because the relevant stores will not allow that.

• @mikeblume - we cannot bundle the iOS or the Android purchase as they are in-app purchases and can only be made through their own app stores. It's best if we don't quote specific prices but you can see the bundle pricing for 1Password Mac + Windows here in our store. If you have purchased 1Password for Mac from Mac App Store, then send us your receipt and we can give you a coupon such that you can add 1Password for Windows at the equivalent bundle price. It's best if anyone has any queries or problems on this that they email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we can make sure you are paying the correct price. Thanks!

• mikeblume
    mikeblume
    Community Member

@RichardPayne thanks. I took what @brenty said to mean that Apple/Google handle their stores independently from AgileBits and there's currently no way to link our AgileBits account with the payment made through the respective Apple/Google store account. But while it can't be an automatic inclusion, they will still honor the purchase; you only need to show proof. I think this is also what @LauraR is saying.

@LauraR Sorry :( I know listing prices dates the conversation -- prices often increase. However, the question is about clarity in purchases and price differences. For me, it's easier to get that clarity when defining everything involved - it's more difficult for me to talk about price differences without referencing prices. Just the willingness to refund, or reimburse in some way shows how amazing AB is!

• @mikeblume - If you email us we can make sure you get the correct pricing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you so much for the attention and the quick response. I've witnessed some bad customer service in my day and will say that I'm impressed and very much appreciate this. I think this speaks volumes towards recommending the software.
    Just the willingness to refund, or reimburse in some way shows how amazing AB is!

@mikeblume: Thank you so much! We're really grateful for the support we receive from you and the rest of our awesome customers, so we do our best to help out any way we can. We just wouldn't be able to do what we do without you guys. :love:

@mikeblume I may be massively wrong here but I think @brenty misspoke. The iOS and Android licenses are not included in the bundle because the relevant stores will not allow that.

@RichardPayne: I'm not sure where I misspoke, but it's entirely possible. This was the post by britops:

I purchased 1Password via the Mac App Store and the IOS version, I too would like the PC version (I'm running Windows via Bootcamp on my Mac). One user, three versions. I would appreciate a better bundle price.

This to me sounds like 1Password for Mac and iOS are already purchased and 1Password for Windows needs to be added. We can totally do this! My reply was as follows:

We only have one bundle and therefore one bundle price for everyone (apart from the occasional sale), but as mentioned previously, if you email your Mac App Store receipt to support+license@agilebits.com we'll be happy to give you a coupon for the difference. Cheers! :)

I probably could have been more explicit, but since the Windows license was the only one 'up in the air' I thought it was understood that this is where we'd be able to offer a coupon, since it's only available in the AgileBits Store anyway. And frankly, having all these stores is a bit confusing to begin with, so I don't blame anyone for having questions. That's what we're here for. ;)

To be clear, the only 1Password bundle in existence is for 1Password for Mac + Windows, and this is only available in the AgileBits Store, since it's impossible for us to bundle apps between stores owned and operated by Apple and Google. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused! :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

This to me sounds like 1Password for Mac and iOS are already purchased and 1Password for Windows needs to be added. We can totally do this!

You're right, this:

One user, three versions. I would appreciate a better bundle price.

made me think that @mikeblume thought that iOS was included in the bundle which you seemed to confirm. Mike has since clarified that he didn't think that so there's no problem.

• I hope everyone is now clear :)

• mikeblume
    mikeblume
    Community Member

I've enjoyed this conversation and am almost sorry it's come to an end. I'm sure there are other viewers, which aren't leaving comments, which will benefit from this information.

• @mikeblume - we're always happy to keep answering any questions :)

This discussion has been closed.