Where can we see the votes

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,

I know we can vote for new features. But where can we see this votes and how much votes something has. Like voted roadmap or so. It would be good to be able to see this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I'm sure the vote tallies on various feature requests are internal to AgileBits only.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@hawkmoth Iam aware of that but still it would be a good think to now where they are heding next

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo: I can understand that, because I feel the same way! While obviously I have some information that you won't have access to, most of what we do isn't set in stone. So even when we think we have something nailed down, we generally don't share things publicly until we're releasing. There's a lot that almost saw the light of day but didn't, so we don't like to talk about things since we may end up pulling something at the last minute.

And in regard to voting in particular, ultimately new features aren't simply a matter of popular opinion. We can't please everyone, and we don't want to. And even with the most popular requests, they have to be technically and financially feasible, and also fit into the overall goal of the product. This means that we say 'no' or 'not now' to a lot of things, but the flipside is that we don't release a hodgepodge of haphazard, half-baked software. And I think that's a good compromise. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty Well I can undersand that. And you all are doing a very very good job. But now you got me intrested can you name somthing that almost saw the light of day? Or is this a secret :silenced:. I just hope that 1PW will improve over time and that it will get even better. Oh and is there a way to donate something?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

But now you got me intrested can you name somthing that almost saw the light of day?

@ntimo: Hahaha sorry. :lol: No I really can't. :silenced:

I just hope that 1PW will improve over time and that it will get even better. Oh and is there a way to donate something?

Thanks so much for your kind words and support along the way! We're a business, so it wouldn't be right for us to accept donations...but feel free to purchase our products — now and in the future — if you find them useful. That's what they're there for after all, and it's what we love to do. :love:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@saad Sure I will. I owne 1pw for every platform the only product that's missing is Knox. Because there is no windows version of it and I am not having a Mac anymore.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

As much as it would be interesting to see the votes, I would rather let the results (1Password) speak for itself. The team has done a terrific job.

Of course, there's always room for improvement. One of the areas is 1PasswordAnywhere.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

As much as it would be interesting to see the votes, I would rather let the results (1Password) speak for itself. The team has done a terrific job.

@wkleem: Wow! Thank you! We strive to do our best for you and the rest of our awesome customers,

Of course, there's always room for improvement. One of the areas is 1PasswordAnywhere.

but you're right, we still have some work to do! ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Something that I would hope for is native pen support if and when Apple should decide to introduce a pen based device. The rumour is that such a device is coming.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, there are rumours! I'll try not to judge prematurely, but after living through the whole "Tablet PC" thing it's really, really hard. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.