Running version 3.8.22 (most recent version possible on OS X 10.6.8) how do I share vault?

Running version 3.8.22 (most recent version possible on OS X 10.6.8) how do I create a vault and then share it? We purchased 1Password for the company to simplify the login details for the many different services we use online. I have entered all our information to 1Password on my computer and would like share this with my boss so that it syncs when either of us updates any info.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:share vault version 3.8.22

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HOrt,

Now just to make sure you're aware, 1Password 4 introduced the idea of secondary vaults, aimed at making it easier to share subsets of items with others. The idea was you kept your primary vault for your own items and you could safely share the secondary vault and its associated password without worrying about anything in your primary vault being visible.

1Password 3 on the other hand is a single vault. As long as you just want to share this single vault and its entire contents with your boss that's fine and we can assist with that, I just wanted to make sure you knew.

You will either want to share a Dropbox account between the two of you or if you have individual Dropbox accounts, you will want to first share a folder with between the two accounts and that Dropbox article will help you do so. With the shared folder created, you will want to enter 1Password's preferences and in the General tab you should see the path to your Agile Keychain and a Move to Dropbox... button. Due to changes in Dropbox we fail to see that Dropbox is running so that button is the route to frustration. There is an alternative though, if you right click on the path above that button you should see a small menu and three options. The one that will interest you is the Move Data File to Another Folder.... You can use that to manually move the .agilekeychain into Dropbox and achieve the same goal. If you're sharing a folder in Dropbox you would use that folder.

Now is your boss also using 1Password 3 for Mac or are they using a more current version?

If they're running 1Password 4 or 5 and they want to add this as a secondary vault, they simply need to double click on the Agile Keychain and 1Password will do the rest. If they haven't been running 1Password before and want to use this Agile Keychain as their primary vault then our page Sync existing Dropbox data should include everything you need.

If they too are running 1Password 3 then you would either point 1Password 3 to the existing Agile Keychain on first run, a bit like above or you can use the Choose Another... button in the General tab. Due to the single vault nature of 1Password 3 it isn't possible to use two Agile Keychains like you can in 1Password 4/5.

Hopefully that helps but if you need more detail in any section or you're experiencing any trouble please do let us know and we'll do our best to expand or identify the cause of the blip :smile:

• HOrt
    HOrt
    Community Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I'll work through this and see how we do. Thanks for your assistance.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

We're here if you need anything else explained so please do post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.