Password field won't fill on Citibank site

Since I downloaded v4 on my iMac, I haven't been able to sign onto the Citibank site. The user name will appear, but no password. I've tried to delete the log-in info several times, both in the mini and main 1P app buttons. Won't work no matter what, though. What can I do? (OS 10.8.5)/ all browsers

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OS 10.8.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:password field won't fill on Citibank site

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bkatz,

I've tried both 1Password 4 and 5 to see what happens. Have you tried creating a Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide yet? Banks are usually a bit of a pain for a variety of reasons but I believe a Login item created in 1Password 4 (1Password 5 uses a new approach which we're still tweaking) should work. The issue with their site normally isn't the password but the username as the site likes to muck about with it using JavaScript. So I would check the username that is stored doesn't include asterisks.

Let us know how you get along :smile:

• bkatz
    bkatz
    Community Member

Yes, I did try the manual log-in (and I was careful to avoid using asterisks), without success. I'm wondering whether, for security reasons, Citi is blocking any auto-fill features. I'll just go old school on this site. Maybe a different strategy will come up down the line. Thanks again for the quick response.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bkatz,

Now I think Citi have a number of URLs representing login pages, I was testing the main page at online.citi.com so maybe I've been checking out the wrong one?

• bkatz
    bkatz
    Community Member

No, that's the one I've been using. Interesting things are: I didn't have any trouble with v3. And v4 puts in my User Name every time, it's just the password field it leaves blank. The first time I changed my password and did a manual log-in for Citi, it worked -- but that was the only time.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bkatz,

Maybe a difference in browsers? I was testing in Safari. It's the only factor we've not considered so far.

• bkatz
    bkatz
    Community Member

When the problem first appeared, I tried Firefox (38.2), Safari (6.2.7) and Chrome ( 44.0.2403.157 (64-bit)) with no luck. Since then, I've been using only Firefox.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bkatz,

Let's try comparing Login items. This is the item created in my testing.

I then tweaked the web form details section so that it more appropriately recorded the correct details. I didn't alter the fields, I just adjusted which web form field represented the username and password (see below).

Now the tweaks were for my edification, both filled both the username and password seemingly as well when I was on the Citi page at https://online.citi.com/US/JSO/signon/LocaleUsernameSignon.do?locale=en_US&JFP_TOKEN=YCWA6SXD

Does anything stand out as different with yours?

• bkatz
    bkatz
    Community Member

Nope, it all looks the same. I just confirmed that the user name and password in the app are correct. I just noticed that if I open 1P (app or toolbar) and go to the Passwords list, Citi isn't there. The User Name is there in both, and the Name and Password are listed in the app Log-in function. Seems to me there's a missing step somewhere. I'm hoping there's a way to easily fix it. It's no big deal to enter the log-in stuff manually, but I'd prefer to let 1P handle it.

Hey: Thanks again for all the time you've put into this. I really appreciate it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bkatz,

I think we've covered as much as we can without delving a bit deeper. I think we should go for a diagnostic report so we have a better idea of your browsers and environment and take it from there, hopefully that sounds like a reasonable plan.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• bkatz
    bkatz
    Community Member

Finally got a chance to respond. I sent the report just now. Thanks again for the help.

• Greetings @bkatz,

I tried searching our ticket system for the email address you use here in the forums but it came up blank. If somebody hasn't already responded to you could you post the ticket ID here please as it will allow us to locate it :smile:

This discussion has been closed.