coupons? Are they the same price? Is 1password like last pass?

dl
dl
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Lounge

cost? like last pass? can't figure out any difference at this time

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dl: Hi! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved this discussion to the more general Lounge category of the forums, since your questions don't seem to pertain to the old 1Password 3 for Mac in particular. Unfortunately without some more context it's hard to give great answers, but I'l do my best to give good ones! ;)

I can't speak to other companies products and pricing, but AgileBits products are sold on a per-platform and per-user basis:

1Password Licensing

So for example, if you buy 1Password 5 for Mac, your license never expires, and you (and up to 5 other family members living in the same household) can use that version on as many Macs as you own. But more importantly, you can learn more about how 1Password keeps your data safe in our knowledgebase:

1Password: How does it work?

And be sure to take advantage of the free trial on Mac and Windows, as well as the iOS and Android versions, which are free downloads with in-app purchases for Pro Features and Premium Features respectively. And you can view the user guides for each on our site:

1Password: User Guides

So this is all pretty general, but if i you have specific questions about 1Password, I'll be happy to help! The more information you can give, the better. I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

LastPass, if I understand it correctly, keeps your passwords on its own servers.

1Password, by contrast, keeps all its data on your own computer (unless you yourself choose to use Dropbox or iCloud).

This is perhaps the major difference. If your data is on someone's servers, the data and perhaps even the password run the risk of being stolen. On the other hand, they may be able to help if you have password problems.

1Password data, though, is as secure as your computer. However, if you forget your password and fail to remember it, there's nothing that can be done to regain your data, it is gone for ever.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, danco! AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so there is nothing anyone can do to recover data (or your password) if you lose it. However, this means that you're completely in control of your data. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.