Internet login popup filling?

thislooksfun
thislooksfun
Community Member

Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to fill out a login form in an internet popup. The college I go to has free wifi, but it needs a username/password to log into it, and that goes through a popup window. It's quite annoying to have to type it out every time, so is there any way to fill out that form automatically?

Thanks,
-tlf

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @thislooksfun,

If the screen in question looks like this:

("Captive Portal")

Then unfortunately the answer is no: Apple does not offer an API for 3rd party apps to interface with these sorts of logins, as far as I'm aware.

If this is not the kind of login you are referring to, could you please take a screenshot of the prompt and post it here?

Thanks!

Ben

• thislooksfun
    thislooksfun
    Community Member

Hello Ben,

Yes, that is the kind of login I mean. I had the thought of maybe making a custom keyboard that will allow entries in situations like this, but I'm not sure if Apple allows custom keyboards in the captive portals or not, and I can't check for a couple days. Either way, it's a shame, but oh well.

Thanks for the quick reply,
    -tlf

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. I'm sorry there isn't a way to do this at this time, but we'll see what is possible in the future!

Also perhaps of interest, custom keyboards are not available at all on iOS in secure input fields (such as are used for passwords). This is great for security, but it does pose a challenge in these situations. We'll see what develops in iOS going forward though. :)

This discussion has been closed.