iOS Safari Browser

Zonker
Zonker
Community Member

Why can't the 1P extension in Safari stay open like it does on the desktop? Every time I am prompted for the master password each time I try to fill out something in a Safari session. Seems like it should be a stateful process until I exit Safari.

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Zonker,

Could you please let me know whether you have a PIN code or Touch ID enabled in 1Password? I have heard one other report from a user that when using the Master Password only (no PIN/Touch ID) this was the behavior they saw.

Also: do you have 1Password > Settings > Security > Lock on Exit enabled? If so then this is working as intended.

Please let me know.

Ben

• Zonker
    Zonker
    Community Member

I do not use a Pin code and do not have Touch ID on my device. I also do not have Lock On Exit enabled. Is this a bug then? Should Safari keep 1P open while I use it?

Thanks

• It seems a PIN is required in order for this to function as you'd like (it does for me, with Touch ID enabled). I'm not entirely sure if that is by design, or if there is a bug, but I will check with our development team on that.

Thanks!

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended design. On my iPad Air I need to input the password into the Safari extension every time. I believe on my 6 Plus with Touch ID I also need to use Touch ID every time. Thought this was intended behavior, so not sure.

On the iPad I have the timeout for 1Password set to 10 minutes with lock on exit off and iPhone 10 minutes with lock on exit on.

• Hi folks,

I'm going to quote Megan's post here, as it is relevant to our current discussion as well:

Thanks for clarifying! I've spoken to our development team, and this is correct behaviour. When you do not have a PIN enabled, your Master Password is not stored in the iOS keychain. This means, that when you go into the app extension, it has no way to unlock automatically (there's no password in the keychain to reference.)

If Lock on Exit is OFF and Touch ID / PIN are ON, then the extension should not need to be unlocked every time you use it (unless one of your other locking settings requirements has been met). In my testing this does work, so if it is not working for you, please try toggling Touch ID OFF then back ON.

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.