NOT RESOLVED AS Of 6PM MST- iCloud Failed to fetch some record zones

Daddoo
Daddoo
Community Member

Contrary to popular belief, the issue is not resolved. Using iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2, iOS 8.4.1. Just tried to sync, record zone error.

Be great if AgileBits had a web based contact form instead of requiring customers to register in the forum.

BTW what's the status update on going open source and how about a Bluetooth/Air Drop sync option between devices in future?

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.4.1
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• Hi @Daddoo,

Contrary to popular belief, the issue is not resolved. Using iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2, iOS 8.4.1. Just tried to sync, record zone error.

There are a few different things that can cause this error. The mass outage that was happening the other day was resolved. It is possible that you are affected by a different issue that generates the same (or similar) error.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

what's the status update on going open source

We don't have any plans to make 1Password an open source project.

and how about a Bluetooth/Air Drop sync option between devices in future?

No definite plans at this point, but we are investigating alternative sync method possibilities.

Thanks!

Ben

• Daddoo
    Daddoo
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@bwoodruff
    Thx. Done. Doubtful it's my setup since the same problem presents on 2 iOS devices.

Shame on open source. Your CEO has mentioned more than once the company was considering. Difficult to trust no back doors if you don't put at least encryption up for peer review.

• @Daddoo - thanks for sending the diagnostics report from your phone. I have replied to you via email.

ref: BEC-28649-924

• Your CEO has mentioned more than once the company was considering.

Do you have a source for that? I must've missed it, or forgotten. :)

Difficult to trust no back doors if you don't put at least encryption up for peer review.

Our data format is open. Perhaps that is what you are thinking of?

This discussion has been closed.