Issue using Migration assistant from Timemachine

Options

After copying old Mac data using migration assistant to a new SSD drive with a fresh version of OS X (10.7.5) the app is copied but not the data file. How do I get iPassword working on the new drive?

1Password Version: 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.7.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:upgrading to a new mac, kb-search:migrating app to new machine

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikehalby,

I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum since that's the version you're using. I hope you don't mind!

Your data isn't stored in the 1Password app itself, it's kept in a different location on a Mac. Were you syncing 1Password 3 with Dropbox? If so, you should have a 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox. Otherwise, if you weren't syncing with Dropbox, the default location of your 1Password 3 keychain file on your Mac would have been here (assuming you hadn't moved it somewhere else):

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

You can try looking in that location to see if the Migration Assistant copied it there. If you find your keychain file, you should be able to double-click on it to have 1Password 3 start reading it.

Please note that the ~ at the beginning of the file path indicates your user folder on your Mac. If you don't see the Library folder in your Mac user folder, hold down the option key on your keyboard and choose Go > Library from the Mac menu bar to open it.

In case you can't find they keychain file, you can try looking for the backup files that 1Password 3 should have made (which may or may not have been copied over by Migration Assistant). The default location for 1Password 3 backup files is:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups/

If you can't find the keychain or the backups, can you tell us more about where your Mac data was copied from? Was it directly from another Mac, or do you have a Time Machine backup (or other backup) with your old Mac data? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.