Mac Book Pro not syncing on dropbox

Options
emma3717
emma3717
Community Member

I have 1PW on two Mac Book Pros, an iPad, and an iPhone. All are syncing well over dropbox EXCEPT for one of the two Mac Book Pros. Dropbox indicates that it is syncing, but the sync'd file is old. I tried blowing away 1PWD and reinstalling, but it just restores from the incorrect Dropbox file.
Are there multiple agilekeychains on Dropbox? How can I sync with the correct one?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS x 10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emma3717,

Are there multiple agilekeychains on Dropbox? How can I sync with the correct one?

It sounds like a distinct possibility that you have two agilekeychain files in Dropbox (or one each in two different Dropbox accounts). Have you tried searching your Dropbox folder for agilekeychain? They are commonly found either at the top level or in a folder named 1Password.

I'd suggest checking the sync settings in both MacBooks. From the menu bar in the main 1Password app, select 1Password > Preferences... > Sync and check the filepath for the agilekeychain file there. If the filepath is identical on both computers, and if you can't find more than one agilekeychain in Dropbox, then let us know, and we'll see about getting a Diagnostics Report to look deeper.

• emma3717
    emma3717
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! The Macs were pointing to different agilekeychain files. Once I saw that, it was an easy fix from there.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Vee, you're very welcome! I'm glad her suggestion helped you to solve the problem. If you need anything else, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.