Had to replace iphone 6, had 1 password previously but not synced, how do i get my passwords back?

philltj
philltj
Community Member

After downloading app on new phone today, it ask me how synced, it was not. How do i get my passwords from 1 password?
Old phone could not be powered up, know the master p/w.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can i get help , have registered?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

If you never synced your data or backed it up manually to iTunes, no one will be able to help you get your data back. The application is designed so that it never puts your data anywhere you didn't actively tell it to do so. That's all part of the security the software provides its users. AgileBits won't have any record of it, because they never have your data. Only you do.

Is it possible you used the backup option in 1Password to create an iTunes backup? If so, post back and we'll help you retrieve that backup.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@philltj as you posted the same question on the 1P for Mac forum and it's already been answered there I'm closing this thread to avoid any confusion.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

In case it helps anyone else with a similar question, AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'recover' for you to help directly. However, you can try to restore from a backup, sync from another device, or — failing that — simply start over. The security of 1Password means that there is no backdoor or secret copy.

This discussion has been closed.