beta 37 does not autofill ...

At first I could not get it to go to the login page by double clicking on the entry in the 1PW app, but that seems to have corrected itself. Now it takes me to the login page, but I must then use Mini to insert the username and password. Some sites seem to work fine, others do not autofill. One often used bank site used to auto fill fine, but now it will not.

1Password Version: 5.4 BETA-37
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:beta 37 does not autofill ...

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Please tell us what browser you are using and the version number of the browser.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WDC,

In addition to mentioning which web browser and its version number you're using, it would be helpful if you can also provide any URLs for sites where the "Fill" part of Go & Fill is failing when using it from the main 1Password app. Copying the URL directly from the website field for any of those Login items and pasting it here is a convenient way to do that. :)

And what happens when you select any of those same Login items from 1Password mini, before opening the page in your browser? For example, does the page open and filling fail just like with the main app?

Thanks in advance for that additional information to help us better help you get this sorted out!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Thanks for those details, @WDC.

If you've successfully used open and fill with these items in the past, please restart your Mac (if you haven't done that since the trouble started) and then do some retesting. That might clear things up without having to do anything else. If you're still stuck we'll try something else to get items that will open and fill for both sites.

Let's tackle PNC first. Here's what khad suggested on May 26 and unless PNC has changed their site since then this still ought to work:

I have a PNC Bank account and have been logging in to it using 1Password for years now. I just did it again now to confirm that it didn't stop working overnight. :)

I'm sure we can get things working as well for you as they are for me.

1. Open the main 1Password app.
    2. Choose File > New Item > Login from the menu bar.
    3. Enter your username and password.
    4. Enter https://www.pnc.com in the website field.
    5. Click the "Save" button to confirm everything.

That Login item should work to correctly fill your credentials on the first page in the Login process at PNC. You can either select it with your mouse from 1Password mini (i.e. the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar) or use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut.

Then, on the second page that asks for your password, so the same thing: use your mouse or the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut to fill your password.

You should be able to use open and fill from the main app (and mini) with that new item for the first PNC page, which I was able to do even without an account, but then you'll want to do what khad suggested for the second page.

Moving on to USAA. You'll also want to manually save a Login for it, but not in the main app:

1. Open the https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon page in Safari.
    2. Enter your Online ID and Password in those two fields at the top left of the page.
    3. Tell 1Password to save the Login with those instructions.

You should be able to open and fill from the main app (and mini) with that new item on the main USAA page. There may be an optional second page where you'll need to enter a 4-digit PIN. If you do get there we can figure out later how to best handle it. :)

Please let us know the details if either or both of those new items still give you trouble, then we'll continue troubleshooting from there. Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I've moved this discussion from Mac Beta to the Saving and Filling in Browsers category. :)

This discussion has been closed.