Change the 1Password.agilekeychain name

DedSec85
DedSec85
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Since yesterday I'm a happy 1Password user. I enabled folder syncing on OSX, but I noticed that the file is named 1password.agilekeychain.

Since I'm using multiple vaults, I would like to rename this file to DedSec85.agilekeychain for example.

Is this possible? In the Windows version I can name this file anything I want.

Greetings,
DedSec85

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DedSec85,

By default 1Password will always title the sync container for the primary vault 1Password, resulting in either 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault. What you could do is disable syncing for your primary vault and manually rename the file. You would then re-enable syncing but you wouldn't point 1Password to just the folder but specifically at your renamed Agile Keychain. You would then need to re-enable sync on any other Mac or iOS devices. This naming convention stems back to 1Password 3 and we do have a few people that would prefer this wasn't the case.

Let us know how you get along and if that helps or not :smile:

• DedSec85
    DedSec85
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables ,

I just tried it and it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!
    Bought 1Password yesterday so i'm setting everything up in the right folders and stuff like that.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that helped @DedSec85 :smile:

If you have any other queries there is our knowledge base and guides which are available at AgileBits Support page but should you ever find something isn't there (the above is a good example) then I'm glad you've found the forums and we'll do our best to answer any other questions you have :smile:

• DedSec85
    DedSec85
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables ,

Thanks! I must say that I really like the quick reaction on the forums! It helped me out a lot. Thanks!

• :smile:

This discussion has been closed.