how do I cancel my 1Password5 order and use the 1Password3 upgrade path?

tailspin
tailspin
Community Member

I recently purchased 1password5 at full price and found out there was an upgrade path from 1Password3 at a significantly reduced price.

My question:
How do I void my purchase of 1password 5 and then use the “upgrade path“ from 1Password3 to 1password5?

Thanks for your time…

Tailspin

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I bought 1password 5 not realizing an upgrade path was available

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Were your purchases of the new license and the one for version 3 both directly from AgileBits? And were they both made under the same email address you used when you registered for this forum? If so, I'm sure someone from AgileBits will be along to search for your licenses and will respond about them.

If you bought under a different email address, then send a message to support+licenses@agilebits.com with the details about both purchases and your request for a price adjustment. Include a link to this thread. You'll get an automated reply that contains a support ticket number. It will help if you post that ticket number back here in this thread.

I'm reasonably sure, given the version number you gave that your new license came from the AgileBits web site. If, by chance, your license for version 3 came from Apples Mac App Store, things may be more complicated. But you should address that in your message.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tailspin,

I've refunded the order you made today but before you go purchase an upgrade licence you should know that the upgrade licence you purchased back in late 2013 already covers you for 1Password 5. To this end I've resent you your licences and you should be able to simply follow the steps in the email to remove the trial mode from your copy of 1Password 5.

If you have any troubles please do let us know :smile:

• tailspin
    tailspin
    Community Member

Hi hawkmoth and littlebobbytables,

Although I still regret not having a phone contact at agilebits, I am totally impressed with your online customer service.
    When I purchased 1password 5 outright today, I applied the registration license that came with that purchase. Since I was already covered for 1password 5, can I leave that license in place? If not, please tell me how I reinstate my 1password 3 license with the newly registered 1password 5.

Thanks not only for your help, but also for your speedy response.

Best regards,

tailspin

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Although I still regret not having a phone contact at agilebits...

You most likely would never have gotten a phone call go through on a Sunday with any company. So isn't this better still?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @tailspin,

In the email you should have received from us there should have been an entry for 1Password 3 but also another entry for 1Password 5. It should contain the same instructions as the email you would have received earlier regarding the now refunded licence.

If it does then following the steps again followed by a restart of 1Password will have it using your actual licence as the URL contained in the newer email is for your current and active licence.

If the email isn't showing a 1Password 5 licence with instructions on how to register please do let us know as we can investigate and try and sort this out as you're definitely covered. Regardless don't worry, 1Password won't do anything untoward in the meanwhile.

We'll keep working with you until this is all resolved :smile:

• tailspin
    tailspin
    Community Member

Hi littlebobbytables,

I launched 1Password 5.3.2 and in the left column I chose "all items". In the right column, on top of the alphabetized passwords, was a section containing 1Password 3.0 and 1Password 5.3.2. I selected 1Password 5.3.2, chose "edit" and pasted in my 1Password 3.0 license.

Bada-bing-bada-boom, that's all she wrote. Now my 1Password 5.3.2 contains my 1Password 3.0 license.

Once again, all is well in licenseville…

Thanks again for your help and support.

Best regards,

tailspin

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Bada-bing-bada-boom! That sounds great, @tailspin! Both your 1Password licenses saved in one item. We're glad you were able to get that sorted out.

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're quite welcome for the assistance. And we'll be happy to help you with any other questions you may have for us in the future. In the meantime, take care! :)

ref: 247209

This discussion has been closed.