Return of the dreaded "Failed to fetch some record zones"

chrislundkvist
chrislundkvist
Community Member

Today both my iPhone 5 and iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.4.1) with 1Password 5.5 installed are having the "Failed to fetch some record zones" issue with iCloud sync. I know that last time (Aug 27) this was an iCloud issue and resolved itself in time, but I thought I would check to see if others have the same problem.

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• chrislundkvist
    chrislundkvist
    Community Member

Symptoms:

• Noticed that iPhone and iPad stopped syncing
    • Turned off syncing
    • When tried to turn back on, get the error

To reproduce:

• Go to Settings -> Sync
    • Disable Sync
    • Select iCloud Sync
    • Get error message "Failed to fetch some record zones"
  • charlesb978
    charlesb978
    Community Member

Having the same problem,,,

• MrBurbles
    MrBurbles
    Community Member

This issue is still ongoing for me. This thread led me to this resolved post by AGKyle.

I, too, discovered 1Password had not been updating silently for I'm not sure how long via iCloud Drive and eventually disabling, signing out, etc. led me to the "Records Zones..." error message. I'm now syncing ok with Dropbox for the time being, but I'd prefer to go back to iCloud Drive for perceived security concerns (that is: I don't trust Dropbox explicitly, but I do trust Apple).

Sync Type: iCloud Drive (hopefully)

• bglier
    bglier
    Community Member

I concur with this. Been falling for me all day. I've done a forced erase/restore of my phone 3-4 times trying to resolve until I found the exact same closed thread.

• nixter
    nixter
    Community Member

The issue was fixed at one point, but I'm seeing that it's happening now again...

• Dominik_Mak
    Dominik_Mak
    Community Member

Have the same issue.
    Any workaround to solve this problem...?

• DATElliott
    DATElliott
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

The recent issue with iCloud not syncing appears to be reoccurring. I reset my iPhone 5S this evening and upon reinstalling the 1Password iOS app., it fails to find the iCloud file that my MAC is syncing to and reports a pop-up stating "Existing Data Not Found." I've even deleted the iCloud file and recreated it ... but even after that the iOS app. fails to find the iCloud file. iCloud Drive syncing is enabled for 1Password under iPhone settings. I've turned this syncing off and back on ... and the same error results.

1Password Version: 5.3 (OS X), 5.5 iOS
    OS Version: OS X 10.10.5

• coreywatson
    coreywatson
    Community Member

This is the most pathetic user experience ever, forcing the user onto a forum in order to get customer service. I'm having the same issue as everyone, yet cannot get someone on the phone or send an email in order to resolve the situation. 1password is an absolute labyrinth.

• asvoren
    asvoren
    Community Member

Same for me. Both iPhone and iPad still show the same error but Mac is OK. First problem I've ever had with 1password.

• asvoren
    asvoren
    Community Member

Same problem here.

• chrislundkvist
    chrislundkvist
    Community Member

I also had this problem earlier (i.e. yesterday) and created a post for it:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/46940/return-of-the-dreaded-failed-to-fetch-some-record-zones#latest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm having the same issue as everyone, yet cannot get someone on the phone or send an email in order to resolve the situation.

@coreywatson: Sorry for the confusion! I know it's frustrating, but unfortunately AgileBits doesn't have any insight or control over iCloud to fix this for you, as it is owned and operated by Apple.

@chrislundkvist, @asvoren, @DATElliott, @Dominik_Mak, @nixter, @charlesb978, @bglier: I'm really sorry for the trouble! We're monitoring the situation and will update with any news we receive. Right now all I know for certain is that we haven't changed anything on our end, but iCloud sync does not seem to be working for many of us. Thanks for your patience!

@MrBurbles: Black Mages FTW!

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

Would you say that Dropbox is a more reliable option than iCloud? Considering that iCloud has been notably unreliable in a variety of its services, might that be a better option for us? Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@jd007: I've had good experiences with Dropbox, although I'm sure you could find someone who has had trouble there as well.

Apart from some recent extended disruptions, iCloud has been great for me since Apple relaunched it a few years ago...but at this point I wouldn't fault anyone for looking at other options. I'm glad that we have a few. :)

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your perspective. I've had a couple problems with iCloud now, so I am going to change to Dropbox and try that out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jd007: I hear you. Personally, I've used Dropbox for longer than I have iCloud (of course, it's been around longer...) and continue to in places where iCloud is not available.

• kylebarrow
    kylebarrow
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@AGKyle Still have syncing issues on iOS over iCloud with the app hanging at "Looking up iCloud information..."

Prior to this I stopping syncing and deleting iCloud 1Password data on iOS and Mac then set up iCloud syncing on Mac again (working no problem between two Mac), and reinstalled the iOS app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 8.4.1

• civic5zigen
    civic5zigen
    Community Member

I did a iOS upgrade to 8.4 on my iPhone 6Plus about two weeks ago, I have backup on both iCloud and iTunes. I choose to restore backup from iTunes after upgrade at the time. I didn't reinstall 1passwod immediately.

Today I reinstall the 1password App and when I try to Sync Existing Valut with iCloud it is stuck at "Looking up iCloud information...". I've tried waiting over 15+ mins, restarting the phone, making sure I am sign-in to iCloud, iCloud Drive is enabled, and also verify the iCloud backup (dated Aug 15) does have 1Password (30.9KB) listed under Document & Data. Repeating same steps still not luck.

please help

1Password Version: latest as of Aug 31
    OS Version: iOS 8.4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kylebarrow: Indeed, the problem seems to have reappeared as suddenly as it vanished the other day. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with iCloud again, but unfortunately we don't have any new information at this time. We'll continue to update this thread as things develop, however.

@civic5zigen: It isn't you. I'm sorry to say that iCloud is currently experiencing issues. We do hope that it will become available soon, but unfortunately AgileBits doesn't have any real insight into when this might be resolved, as iCloud is owned and operated by Apple. Thanks for your patience.

• Hayashi
    Hayashi
    Community Member

I have no problem wifi sync with Mac version directly

• whymess
    whymess
    Community Member

me too!

• allencohen29
    allencohen29
    Community Member

When I replaced iPhone under applecare, 1password on my new phone no longer syncs via iCloud when I add data to 1password on my iMac.
    So I turned off syncing on 1password on my iPhone and then turned it back on and got the message "Failed to fetch some record zones. 1password encountered a problem."
    What should I try next?

1Password Version: 5.3 on iMac
    Extension Version: 4.4.3 on Safari
    OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
    Referrer: forum-search:when I try to sync it says "Failed to fetch some record zones" 1password encountered a problem.

• DATElliott
    DATElliott
    Community Member

What threw me off prior to posting a discussion about this issue is that at the top of the iOS forum there is a closed discussion pinned to the top of the forum suggesting that this problem had been resolved as of August 27. Can that closed discussion be unpinned?!

• mstog
    mstog
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

same here. Weird thing was it would report it was syncing fine ..but not pull any new records. It only gave the error after I tried to reset the sync. I did not try updates.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Yea, sorry about that folks. I'm going to unpin the other discussion and create a new one now.

We didn't anticipate this happening again so quickly :(

We can confirm it's the same exact issue as before and we've got the wheels in motion to get things fixed again. Hopefully it won't take but a couple of hours at most. Thanks for hanging in there! If you have any questions don't hesitate to let me know.

Update:

You can follow along with things here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/46980/icloud-failed-to-fetch-some-record-zones-failed-to-enable-icloud-8-31-15#latest

We'll announce when it's fixed there as well. As per last time, you're welcome to let us know when things are working for you as well and if you encounter any trouble along the way.

• DATElliott
    DATElliott
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Thanks for all of the hard work and follow-up, @brenty and @AGKyle. For those users who haven't yet tried WiFi sync., it's a reasonable alternative. Until this morning, I shied away from it thinking it would be a hassle to temporarily move from iCloud sync. to WiFi sync. Frankly, WiFi sync. is painless and easy to use for the purposes of dealing with this issue on a short term basis. Give it a try.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hey all, you should notice things are working again. Please give it a shot and let us know if you encounter any trouble.

• mstog
    mstog
    Community Member

worked for me :)

• jthj
    jthj
    Community Member

Has the root cause been identified so we don't have this popping up again?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@allencohen29 I have merged your post with an existing thread dealing with the same subject. Once again, for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread the latest update here from AgileBits appears to indicate that Apple has (again) remedied the problem.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.