Can I add items to my Apple Watch from a Shared Vault? (I have pro features)

drman
drman
Community Member

I have a paid version of 1Password 5 on my MacBook and iPhone. I also have Pro Features (paid) and on. So I do see select items from my primary vault on my Apple Watch.

I would like to see items from my shared vault - a vault that I maintain at work on an entirely separate account. This is also a paid 1Password app, although it does not have pro features.

Can I get those items from the shared work Vault to appear on my Apple Watch? Do I need to buy pro features for that account to make this work?

Please advise.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.4; iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:add item from shared vault to apple watch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lmnoTechGuy: I'm not sure I quite understand the work/share situation, but there's a fairly straightforward answer to the purchase question: since App Store purchases are tied to your Apple ID, buying it on one will not unlock it on another; they will be separate purchases. Additionally, Apple does not allow in-app purchases to be shared using Family Sharing, I'm afraid.

This is also a paid 1Password app, although it does not have pro features.

There is no paid 1Password app without Pro Features. If you purchased 1Password 4, it will have grandfathered you into Pro in version 5. Otherwise, the Pro upgrade is an in-app purchase in the free 1Password app.

Can I get those items from the shared work Vault to appear on my Apple Watch? Do I need to buy pro features for that account to make this work?

1Password for Apple Watch is a Pro Feature, but 1Password for Apple Watch only supports the primary vault currently — although we do hope to add more flexibility there in the future. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.