Mac OS 10.6

Options

I am very interested in using 1Password. However I am still running OS 10.6 on my Mac. I also have ios devices running ios 8.4. I know that the latest Mac OSX installer will not install onto OS 10.6. Is there any other way to configure the software so that I can use 1Password on my Mac as well as ios devices?
Also, I currently use SplashID. Can I import data into 1Password from SplashID?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aagw.bruce,

I'm glad you're interested in using 1Password for Mac and iOS! :)

You're correct that 1Password 5 for Mac (the latest) will not work on Mac OS X 10.6. However, you can still use 1Password 3 for Mac on that version of OS X (which is why I've moved your message to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum). If you'd like to try it out as a trial first, you can download version 3 from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site.

If you decide to purchase a license, you'll actually need to purchase one for 1Password 5 for Mac from the AgileBits Store, and that will come with a free license code you can use to activate 1Password 3.

Is there any other way to configure the software so that I can use 1Password on my Mac as well as ios devices?

1Password 5 for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features (if you want to, you can unlock the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS with an in-app purchase). You can sync your data between 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 5 for iOS using Dropbox sync, and we have steps to set that up at these links:

Also, I currently use SplashID. Can I import data into 1Password from SplashID?

1Password 3 for Mac can import from a SplashID vID file, but since 1Password 3 is an older version, I don't know for sure if it supports the version of SplashID you've been using. But you can certainly try it, and the steps should be the same as described here: Import data from SplashID into 1Password

I hope this answers your questions, but if you need more help, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.