Unable to access the bill pay portion of my online bank account.

dsworth
dsworth
Community Member

I have been successfully using 1Password on an iPhone 6+ until recently. There has been an IOS update and a 1Password update done recently before this issued was found.

I can successfully log onto my online bank and online bill pay using Safari (outside of 1Password) on the iPhone. I can also successfully log onto my online bank, see all accounts, transfer funds, etc. as normal within 1Password, using the browser agent set as iPhone. When I attempt to access my bill pay section of the online bank, within the 1Passwords browser, it attempts to go to the bill pay site but only brings up a blank page. It does this regardless of the user agent setting with 1Password.

I have contacted the online bill pay support and described the issue with them. As expected, they were unable to assist with the problem. They did suggest I try to log on using Safari only, copying and pasting my password from 1Password. Doing this I was able to successfully log in to the online banking site as well as access the bill pay site.

I'm out of tricks- any suggestions for resolving this problem?

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 8.4.1 (12H321)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:online banking bill pay

Comments

• Hi @dsworth,

It sounds like you need the 1Password extension for Safari. :) Previously this was only available on desktop operating systems (Mac & Windows), but as of iOS 8 / 1Password 5, we've been able to add this option to iOS as well.

This allows you to login using your 1Password credentials from within Safari. Very handy!

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dsworth
    dsworth
    Community Member

Ben,

I've looked in the preferences in 1Password 5.5 but see nothing regarding 1Password extension for Safari. Where do I download the extension for 1Password for the iPhone? I apologize for being a bit slow on the uptake here :(

• Hi @dsworth. No worries. The instructions were linked from the "1Password extension for Safari" text in my post above. Clicking on those words should take you straight to the directions. :)

Thanks

Ben

• dsworth
    dsworth
    Community Member

Ben-

I have installed the 1Password extension for Safari as outlined in your link. After doing so I turned off the iPhone, restarted, opened 1Password and logged into my online bank and tried to access the bill pay option. No luck - returned the same blank screen.

Is there additional information I might provide to assist you in trying to determine the underlying issue here?

I appreciate your assistance!

Doug

• Hi Doug,

Sorry about that. It sounds like we weren't clear about what the expectations should be here. You'd need to login to the website using Safari, not 1Password's 1Browser -- now that you have the extension enabled you can have 1Password fill your credentials within Safari. You can read about doing that here:

https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/fill-items-safari.html

Having the extension enabled doesn't change how 1Password's built-in "1Browser" works at all.

Thanks.

Ben

• dsworth
    dsworth
    Community Member

Ben-

I'm slow but I can be trained! Thank you for walking me through the process. I had no idea this was available. It will be a godsend, for sure!

Again, many thanks!

Doug

• Thanks for the update Doug ( @dsworth )! Glad to hear that worked out. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my first post. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.