Safest way to fix infinite syncing issue

Aaron Martone
Aaron Martone
Community Member

I have 4 devices: Samsung S6 Phone on Lollipop 5.0.2, Samsung Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 on KitKat 4.4.2, Windows 7 Pro x64, and Mac OSX 10.4 Yosemite. All use the DB Sync. But all of a sudden, only the Tablet sits there, spinning its wheels indefinitely when I open the program (it accepts the master password, but then syncs 60+ seconds before failing out).

I checked my account with DB via that device and am able to get in with no issues (no authorization problems there). Is it safe to just uninstall 1P from my tablet and reinstall it? I want to ensure it won't do anything with the data that the other devices are using just fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:Failed sync

Comments

• Hi Aaron! Since you are syncing with Dropbox, your data folder is stored in your Dropbox account. Uninstalling 1Password on your Android tablet will not remove the data from Dropbox or your other devices.

Let me know if reinstalling helps. Thanks.

• Aaron Martone
    Aaron Martone
    Community Member

Thanks saad. I wanted to be better safe than sorry. I uninstalled, reinstalled from Play Store, it (nicely!) realized I had a valid account, I connected it back to Dropbox and it found and download all of my logins. I then quit the program and opened it again, to which the sync icon appeared, but this time went away shortly, reporting no more downloads found. So it seems things are working well again! Much appreciated!

• Great to hear sync is working correctly now, Aaron. Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.