Confusion about version number differences between application and browser extensions.

Options
ChocolateCheesecake
ChocolateCheesecake
Community Member

Hey,

I am new to the forum and just wanted to know if there is any relationship between the version numbers of the application and the browser plugins, exactly if the newest version 4.4.4 I use in Safari is the real version for 1Password 5.4 or if it is not able to use the full functionality and there will be a 5.x version soon?

Kind regards

1Password Version: 5.4.BETA37
Extension Version: 4.4.4.b1
OS Version: OS X 10.11 (15A279b) (DB 8)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @ChocolateCheesecake!

First, your username has officially made me hungry. I now want dessert at 11 am.

Second, the browser extension and app version do not have parallel versioning. The versions you listed are the latest beta build numbers for both.

The extension is used for both Mac and Windows, and the Windows version of the app is at 4.6. Likewise, the extension also works for the now legacy version 4 for Mac.

Each app platform and the extension have their own separate development track. So you're all set.

• ChocolateCheesecake
    ChocolateCheesecake
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Haha, it was 3:08 pm when I wrote it and now it is 5:19 pm, sorry for not considering that. :p
    But my name seems too long for this forum and is displayed cut off as "ChocolateChee..." :'(

When did you read it? I hope you ate not too much chocolate before noon and couldn't work anymore. ;)

Thank you for your answer. That was all I liked to know.

Have a nice day! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChocolateCheesecake,

I'm glad @chrisdj's answer was helpful for you! He's probably in a different time zone than you are, but that's ok, any time of day is a good time for cheesecake as far as I'm concerned (especially the chocolate variety). Great, now I'm hungry too! :lol:

Please let us know if you need anything else, we're always happy to help! :)

• @ChocolateCheesecake @Drew_AG Yep, I am currently sitting in Eastern time zone, so I read it at 11 AM here. And I agree, any time is a great time for cheesecake.

This discussion has been closed.