1Password Mini hogging up CPU; sync with iOS does not finish

luga
luga
Community Member

Hi there.

First, great product... Keep up the good work.

Been a 1Password customer for a few versions now... recently I'm having trouble synching all my iOS devices to the mac... Sync over WiFi starts but does not finish even though new entries get populated back and forth. The database has 520 odd items in it. I am also synching to a file folder.

In parallel, the 1Password Mini application tends to hog up CPU. The system runs very hot while this is happening... I've seen in other forums that replacing Synch Data fixes this but I don't know how to do that.... Can you please help....

System Details

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) OS X Yosemite 10.10.5;

1Password
Version 5.3 (530029)
Mac App Store

Can you please help,
Luis

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Greetings @luga,

You're quite correct, many of the instances we've seen have been the result of a mangled Agile Keychain and I notice you said you're using both Wi-Fi and Folder Sync. I think we should start with the assumption that it's the Agile Keychain here too. What has worked in the past is to disable Folder Sync and when you're asked to confirm this, you tick the checkbox titled Delete data from Folder. This will remove the existing Agile Keychain as well as disabling Folder Sync. If you're performing any kind of synchronisation of this local copy with another machine or device let whatever software you're using complete the synchronisation of the deletion. Once you're happy it has done this all you should need to do is set up Folder Sync once again and update any other copy of 1Password which will stop syncing when it realises the Agile Keychain has changed.

If that doesn't resolve the issue it might be one of the local vaults is damaged and we will want to start over on that machine or device and have it pull down a fresh copy from one of your others. We'll cross that bridge if we need to though, I think replacing the existing Agile Keychain is a good place to start. We'll wait to hear back from you and take it from there :smile:

• luga
    luga
    Community Member

Thanks for your note. I now have done the following:

• Disabled file synching; this caused the runaway CPU to stop
    • Tried to synch one IOS device and this again did not finish
    • Deleted the app several times from the IOS device and started over; this again did not finish getting stuck at various points during the synch in different tries often crashing 1Password on the iPhone

On this one iPhone I am running the latest released version of 1Password for iPhone and are also running iOS 9 Public Beta 3.

I then moved to an iPhone running 8.4 and the sync failed to finish over a reasonable amount of time.

This leads me to believe that there is corrupt data in the agile keychain on the MAC. Would you agree? How would I go about identifying potentially problematic entries. Any other ideas?

Many thanks,
    Luis

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @luga,

To make sure I understand, you're able to set up the Wi-Fi sync option (i.e. your iPhone finds your Mac, you enter the secret code, and so on) and the sync starts but it never completes, and sometimes crashes the app on your iPhone(s)?

If so, to help us figure this out, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports - one from your Mac, and one from each iPhone:

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email(s), along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• luga
    luga
    Community Member

Drew,
    Just sent the information requested. Look forward to hearing from you.
    thanks
    Luis

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @luga,

I was able to find the two Diagnostics Reports you sent, thanks! I updated the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: VCT-87921-867

This discussion has been closed.