Conflicting 1Password Mini Launched/Support Window Info Doesn't Help...

Options
MrMojoOne
MrMojoOne
Community Member

Here is the error message that appears when I unlock 1Password:

**The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini.

Instead of '/Applications/1Password.localized/1Password.app/Contents/Loginitems' It started '/Volumes/Mac Mini 1/Applications/1Password.localized/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'.**

The second volume is a cloned version of my Mac Mini internal drive; the clone was created using SuperDuper!. It is on an external hard drive connected via Firewire 800.

I can remove that copy of 1Password but I assume that the problem will reoccur when a new clone is created. Previous versions of 1Password did not have this problem connecting to cloned external volumes.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Basically you need to ensure there is no other copy of the 1Password app on your backup drive if that drive is permanently attached to your Mac. This is a known problem with OS X Yosemite which will get into a muddle if there is more than one copy of the 1Password app on any drive permanently attached to your Mac.

Your problem should be solved if you:

1. delete any copy of the app file from your backup drive; and
    2. exclude the app file from any future backup (the exclusion is not a problem because you can always download a new copy of the app if needed).

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrMojoOne,

Stephen is correct - this is due to a strange issue in Yosemite which causes it to open the wrong copy of 1Password mini when it finds multiple copies of the 1Password app. Unfortunately there's not much we can do right now because OS X determines which instance of 1Password mini to run. This must be fixed by Apple on the OS level. It doesn't affect many apps because not many apps are running two separate components at the same time.

As Stephen said, to prevent this problem, you'll need to delete the copy of the 1Password app from your backup drive, and exclude the 1Password app from future backups (if possible).

If you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

• MrMojoOne
    MrMojoOne
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys! I'll delete the copy and see if I can exclude the file when I use SuperDuper!...

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, @MrMojoOne! Good luck with that. :+1: Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.