I am getting an error message when attempting to load version 3.8.22

I have rebooted my computer and checked iOS updates. (ver10.10.5) and still can not get the update working. Also, when using current ver 3.8.21 I now click on one one log in which pops up but another log in shows up in the top dox in the !PW box.
For example I clicked on Consumer Power this morning and the home page came up but the charter info showed up in the !PW box and password and user name for charter was logged in to Consumer website.
Tried to download extensions but all I get is a small window that shows me the ver. of 1PW i have.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Error in loading update

Comments

• Hi @jlisuzzo,

I hope you don't mind, I've moved this discussion to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum, as it sounds like that is what you're having difficulty with (there was never a v3.8.x for iOS).

1Password 3 for Mac is quite a few versions behind at this point. The latest version for Mac is 5.3.2. Is there a reason you're still running v3?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jlisuzzo
    jlisuzzo
    Community Member

Well, I don't know why I would be that far behind. I updated when prompted until a few months ago when all this started. I double checked and I am on a mac with yosimite 10.10.5 and the version of 1PW is 3.8.21. What should I do now?

• Hi @jlisuzzo,

1Password 4/5 was a paid upgrade over 1Password 3 so the decision was made to once or twice notify users of 1Password 3 of the newer version but we didn't want to nag people as it can be very annoying when that happens. So as far as 1Password 3 is concerned the latest update would be 3.8.22 but that's just the latest update for that version.

1Password 5 is Yosemite only, which you're running so you could upgrade and get a 50% discount by using your existing licence key at http://agilebits.com/store/upgrade. For that you get all the latest improvements and bug fixes.

You are obviously not forced to upgrade, your 1Password 3 licence is still valid and you can continue to run 1Password 3 if you want but I would just want to make sure you're aware that 1Password 3 is no longer under active development and as the operating system and the browsers around it are updated stuff may break. For example, 1Password 3 no longer recognises that Dropbox is running but this is easily worked around so minor. Firefox 40 saw the removal of the widgets module and completely broke the 1Password 3 Firefox Extension. As there will not be a fix I'd say that's a major one. The other known issue is importing and exporting is somewhat broken in 1Password 3 too as the libraries we depended on no longer exist in the way they used to.

So 1Password 5 is an option but it is a paid upgrade. You can continue to run 1Password 3 if you wish and we can try to help you there. In the original message you mentioned being unable to update to 3.8.22. If you try downloading 1Password 3.8.22 directly from our AgileBits Download page (it's in the Legacy section), does the ZIP file extract correctly? If it does you can simply drag this newer copy over the one in your Applications folder as 1Password is a self-contained application like most OS X applications, it's actually one of the appeals of OS X in my opinion.

Now for the extension issue, could you describe i a little more detail for me please as I'm unsure if I'm following. Once we're confident we understand the issue we'll do our best to assist. If you're a Firefox user you may have already gleaned that things are fundamentally broken there, for more on what happened and the options available you should find out page, 1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later details everything you need.

Should you have any questions from any of this or you're still stuck please do write back and we'll continue with the troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.