Cannot Update to 3.8.22?

I cannot update to 3.8.22 on my Mac Air running Yosemite 10.10.1 (14B25) and keep receiving the error message "An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again"? Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:cannot download update, kb:upgrade-ios, ug:mac/, kb-search:Cannot update on my mac

Comments

• Hi @jackarrow,

As an alternative to updating from inside the application it might be worth trying to download 1Password 3.8.22 from the Legacy section of our AgileBits Download page. If that extracts all you need to do is replace the copy of 1Password 3 that is in your /Applications/ folder with the newer one that will be in your ~/Downloads/ folder.

I don't know if you're aware but as you're running Yosemite, you can run the much newer version, 1Password 5. Now it is paid upgrade over 1Password 3 but it gets you all the bug fixes and feature additions from the last couple of years and you can use your 1Password 3 licence key to obtain a 50% discount if you go via http://agilebits.com/store/upgrade. Now you're not obliged to but we've made a lot of improvements that you might want to take advantage of.

If you still have problems please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.