Switching between vaults in Mini loses entered search text...

jaysee_aujaysee_au
edited September 2015 in 1Password 6 Beta

Apologies if this has been mentioned before - I did do a search but didn't find anyone with the same thought as me. :)

I have multiple vaults, and regularly use items from both in my work day (personal & business).

My workflow is to use the Cmd-\ shortcut to open 1password mini and search, then hit enter. I often start typing for my item before the UI has finished loading (my brain just goes Cmd-\ then types automatically without looking to it). When I then look up and realise I'm in the wrong vault, I switch with the Cmd-1 or Cmd-2 shortcut, but my search terms then are reset and I have to enter them again.

Is there any way to get mini (the full app seems to do it already) to keep the search terms when switching vaults? :)

Cheers,
John

1Password Version: 5.4.BETA-40 (540040)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Hi John ( @jaysee_au ), and welcome to the AgileBits forum!

Thanks for taking time to bring this up and describe your workflow. It has come up before, and you surely needn't apologize for mentioning it again now after your searching was fruitless (but appreciated!). :)

Turns out our developers have an open bug report for this and I've added your comments there. No timeframe for a fix, though.

There isn't a workaround and I'm sorry for the inconvenience! If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope you've had a pleasant weekend and do enjoy your week ahead!

ref: OPM-2102

• Thanks @sjk. Good to know it's on the radar. :)

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

You're welcome, @jaysee_au. This would be a handy in mini, like it already is in the main app. :)

This discussion has been closed.