Automatic filling

Acmanek
Acmanek
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Android

samsung S6 edge
Followed instructions enabled keyboard and enabled automatic filling.
When I press the button left of keyboard I don't see 1password icon
Please help
Thanks chico

1Password Version:_4.5.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Acmanek!

It sounds like you are still using the default Samsung keyboard to the 1Password keyboard. Please see this super handy guide from Samsung on switching keyboards

Once you do that you should be able to use 1Password 4 for Androids awesome filling feature.

• Acmanek
    Acmanek
    Community Member

Thank you so much
    It worked

• Acmanek
    Acmanek
    Community Member

Do you always have to login to 1password from the keyboard?
    Thanks in advance

• Hey @Acmanek. Thanks for the update! I'm glad Greig was able to help you get everything working with filling. :)

To answer your second question, the 1Password keyboard should adhere to the security settings you have set in the main app with regards to locking. For instance, if you have a PIN code enabled, and 1Password set to Lock on Exit, then you should be prompted for the PIN code when accessing 1Password through the keyboard. If you have Lock on Exit set to off, and Automatically lock set to Never, then you should be able to use the keyboard without having to type in a Master Password or PIN code.

However, if the app was fully exited since its last use, or if the device was rebooted, you'll need to first log into the main app with your Master Password for those settings to take effect.

Let us know if that answers your question!

• Acmanek
    Acmanek
    Community Member

That answered all my questions thank you so much for all your help
    PS
    Your app is awesome

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Acmanek,

Excellent. On behalf of peri, you're so welcome!
    PS
    You're awesome! 8-)

• mgeubtn
    mgeubtn
    Community Member

I have the Pro version of 1Password for windows and the free trail version for Android. I have applets on my smart phone for my bankaccounts and credit cards. These applets do not use a browser from what I can tell, can I get 1password to autofill user names and passwords in these applets?

• Yes, you can perform automatic filling into other apps @mgeubtn. Just tap on the 1Password icon on the 1Password keyboard when you are in your banking app and choose your login. It will do the rest for you!

• mgeubtn
    mgeubtn
    Community Member

I went into Android (Language and Input) and changed my keyboard to the 1 password keyboard. I made the 1password keyboard the default. I went back into the banking app and when I tap on user name a different keyboard displays but does no have a 1password icon on it. In addition it does not have a microphone on it for voice texting. I have Google voice typing selected in the Language and Input section.

• mgeubtn
    mgeubtn
    Community Member

I figured it out, thank you saad. For future reference, the 'icon' is a key lock crevice with a circle around it. To the left of the space bar. For us older people with bad eyes it may appear as an exclamation point with a circle around it. It changes colors when on a login page.

However, I still don't see the microphone for speech to text on this 1password keyboard. It appears I am going to have to choose between the two functionalities.

• Sorry for the confusion @mgeubtn. I'm happy to hear you found the button on the keyboard to launch the filling interface. If you haven't done so already, make sure to enable Automatic Filling with the keyboard by going into 1Password's Settings > Filling > Enable Automatic Filling. This will allow auto-detecting the app or website you are on and match logins that may be associated to them. It will also fill into the username and password fields automatically.

1Password's keyboard does not support speech to text at the moment, but you can easily switch between your keyboards by long-pressing the space bar.

This discussion has been closed.