All my info is there but autofill won't work. [Moved to email]

InsomniCAT
InsomniCAT
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Android

App works perfectly on my iPad. Downloaded app onto my new Galaxy S5, authorized Dropbox, all my logins and password info is on phone now but it won't autofill. When I try to use it the key icon stays grey.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't get the autofill to work on my new Galaxy S5.

Comments

• Welcome to the forums, @InsomniCAT. And great handle by the way. :)

1Password determines relevant logins based on the URLs saved with items, so you'll need to verify that the site URL (or package URL if logging into an app), matches the URLs saved with those items in 1Password.

If 1Password can't match any Logins to the site URL, you'll need to long press (or press and hold) the grey button in order to bring up your list of Logins, so you can choose the correct one.

Please give that a shot and let us know how it goes! Thanks!

• InsomniCAT
    InsomniCAT
    Community Member

This is making me crazy! Ok, I'm trying to access my bank login from this (re)new phone. I'm using the"https://"etc. that is recorded in 1Password, same as I've always done it from my iPad. It goes to the website, I tap on the space for my user ID, the key icon stays dark instead of being a blue outline. I click on it and get a message "No matches found". Doing a long press doesn't bring up the list of passwords, just the same message.

• Hey again! Thanks for getting back to us. :)

Could you let us know the exact URL you have saved with the item, as well as the exact URL of the page you're directed to, so that we can test on our end?

Also, are you aware of our automatic filling feature? You can fill into third party apps and browsers using our custom keyboard and accessibility service.

Let me know what you find out!

• InsomniCAT
    InsomniCAT
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Ok, we're getting closer. I had missed the last step, going back to the Accessibility screen. Now that's done, and I've got the 1 Password keyboard enabled and on my screen. Tried it again, got a pop-up saying, "Filling is not available in the main 1Password app." That's how I have everything set up! I go to 1Password, click on the URL for where I want to go, tap the blue key for my password. Waaah!

• Hmmm. That does sound strange. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• InsomniCAT
    InsomniCAT
    Community Member

Sorry, had to give this a break for a bit. They gave me an Android tablet when I got my phone, just installed 1Password on it and the same thing is happening. When I send you the diagnostic from my phone how do I include a link to this thread as requested? I'll send the same thing from the new Alcatel onetouch pixi 7 afterwards, if that's ok.

• Thanks @InsomniCAT. When you create the diagnostic report, you will be directed to your email client to send us the report. In body of the email, just copy and paste the link to this discussion!

• InsomniCAT
    InsomniCAT
    Community Member

Hi Saad, thanks for getting back to me, I just now saw your post. I'm not really all that computer literate, once I'm out of familiar territory I start drowning! I began this conversation with you folks on my iPad in case you had directions for me to follow, now when I'm going to send you the diagnostic from my phone I don't know how to find this conversation on it to copy and paste the link! Since the same thing is happening on the new tablet should I repeat this process from it as well?

• Hey @InsomniCAT. :)

Just open this link on each of your Android devices (both the phone and tablet):
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

It has instructions for creating a diagnostics report on whatever platform you access the link from. That way, if you click that link from your Android device, it will show you instructions for Android.

If you have trouble finding this forum thread from your Android devices, simply launch 1Password on each Android, then tap Settings > Advanced > Email diagnostics. That will create an email to us with the report attached. Before sending the email, please type your handle (InsomniCAT) into the email so that we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• InsomniCAT
    InsomniCAT
    Community Member

Ok peri, it's InsomniCAT again. I just sent diagnostics from my phone and tablet to you with my handle in the comments section. Hope this will explain what's going on!

• Hey! I've found your email, and I'll go ahead and look over the reports. I'll go ahead close this thread, and we can continue the discussion via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.