Spotlight search doesn't show 1PW items

cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member

Spotlight Search is enabled in Settings/General/Spotlight Search/1Password but, despite that, no 1PW entries appear even when searching for a known value inside my vault. Have I missed something obvious (which is very possible!)? Can provide screen-shots of items that aren't being found, but it appears to be a 100% failure rate so far :)

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Good morning @cjbulow. Thanks for taking the time to write in. Can you tell me what device you're using?

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Sorry — iPhone 6+ 64Gb.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cjbulow,

Sounds like Enable Spotlight Search might be disabled under Settings > General in the 1Password app:

Let us know if you're still not getting Spotlight results for 1Password with that and General > Spotlight Search > 1Password in the Settings app both enabled. Thanks!

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger!

Thanks @sjk — that was the indeed the blinding obvious thing I'd missed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

It's (so) easy to miss. :lol:

We'll see what we can do to make it clearer there are settings in two spots to enable Spotlight for 1Password.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

:) @sjk Thanks. Especially as other apps seem to not need this enabling? Correct me if I'm wrong but they're added automatically, indeed, need to be switched off rather than on?

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @cjbulow,

The Spotlight API is an opt-in feature, the developers have to add support for this. In addition, we intentionally disable this by default for privacy reasons and offer an option to turn this on for those who's okay with this. For every option we add, we have to make sure it does not harm your privacy nor security of your data.

Other apps most likely don't need to be concerned about the privacy and would enable it by default with no extra setting required.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

That makes sense; thanks @MikeT

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.