1Password doesn't work with brand new "single-step sign on" at Bank of America.

Options

With the Firefox plugin, my username is inserted into the BofA search field erroneously. The password is inserted correctly, but the form isn't submitted automatically like it is on every other site. This is a new error since this page was recently updated on BofA.com. They did away with their two-step, avatar-like sign on process.

Thanks,
Matt

1Password Version: 5.3 (530029)
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mhillebrand,

I was trying to help another user elsewhere and I found that when I created a Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide it filled both fields as expected. I would hope Stephen_C's suggestion works for you and that you'll be reporting success :smile:

• mhillebrand
    mhillebrand
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, but this didn't work. I'm getting the same broken behavior.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mhillebrand,

I'm sorry that didn't solve the problem! I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum so you can get more specific help for this issue.

Can you please elaborate on what happens? You originally said 1Password fills your username incorrectly on that site. What happens in the username field, exactly? Does it fill something completely different than your username? Is part of the username replaced with asterisks? Does it fail to fill anything at all in the username field? Or did we misunderstand, and the problem is simply that the login form is not automatically submitted once the username and password fields are filled?

Also, please let us know the version of Firefox you're using, and the exact steps you take to have 1Password fill your login credentials on that site. Thanks!

• mhillebrand
    mhillebrand
    Community Member
    Options

My username is inserted in its entirety (with no asterisks) into the BofA search field. The site already knows my username when I arrive there. My password is inserted correctly, but the form isn't submitted. Do you have any coworkers with a BofA account? I'm guessing you must. Please give it a try.

I have the latest version of Firefox, v40.0.

Thanks,
    Matt

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @mhillebrand,

I'm not sure being a customer will make much difference as the issue is before submitting occurs. Below you are going to see a Login item in it's entirety that I created just now. I'm running Firefox 40 with the beta version of our extension (testing purposes only, the differences between it and the stable are very minor) and this is also what is created if I create a fresh Login item in Safari using our stable version of the extension. How does this compare to yours?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

@mhillebrand: Indeed. I have a "Bank Americard" (groan), and tested this myself. Any time a website makes a substantial change to their login form it can cause issues for your existing Login item, which has information about the old form saved. And fortunately I was able to get a working Login item by manually saving with the new login form. Just follow the steps in this guide:

Saving a login manually

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

1Password both filled and submitted the form when I did this in both Chrome and Safari, logging me into my account, so for some reason Firefox is reacting differently to the site's scripting. When you encounter issues like this, be sure to report them using our Synapse website issue tracker so the development team can look at it to see if there's something we can do to help — in this case to give Firefox a hand. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :)

• mhillebrand
    mhillebrand
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, someone has already provided that answer in this user forum. However, as you stated, the form still isn't submitted. I wasn't aware of this issue tracker! Is there a link to this issue tracker from the AgileBits website?

Call me a weirdo, but I prefer Firefox over Chrome...and I'm even a software engineer.

Matt

• mhillebrand
    mhillebrand
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables

Being a BofA customer probably does matter because of how the username is prepopulated in a funky manner when you return to the site...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Being a BofA customer probably does matter because of how the username is prepopulated in a funky manner when you return to the site...

@mhillebrand: Well, I'm not sure if it's set by cookies or something else, but my username still isn't prepopulated for some reason. Granted, I am totally okay with that. That kind of behaviour creeps me out.

Yes, someone has already provided that answer in this user forum. However, as you stated, the form still isn't submitted. I wasn't aware of this issue tracker! Is there a link to this issue tracker from the AgileBits website?

Not a problem! I just wanted to confirm that I'd, well...confirmed this myself with an actual account. We link to Synapse in the knowledgebase article I posted, and you can access it through the browser extension (as noted in said article). Hopefully we can figure out why this is just a problem with Firefox and work around it somehow! :)

• gmpalter
    gmpalter
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having problems with the new Bank of America login form. However, in my case, I access two different BofA accounts. Consequently, the username field is a drop-down menu. My username usually ends up in the search box.

In my case, 1Password does submit the form. But about one third of the time, it submits the search query rather than the login.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gmpalter: Have you tried manually saving a new login as I suggested above? When the form changes, it can be helpful to give 1Password up-to-date information about the page.

If you're still having trouble, tell us the URLs in particular you're having trouble with we'll be happy to test them and try to offer a solution, workaround, and improvements in the future! I'm not having any trouble with my own Bank of America login, so perhaps you're just in a different place. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• gmpalter
    gmpalter
    Community Member
    Options

The URL is https://www.bankofamerica.com/. (What you get is dependent on your region; mine is Massachusetts). As I noted, I have two accounts, and the page looks like this.

Can 1Password change the contents of a dropdown menu?

I tried saving a new login. It doesn't save the username when I do. Here's my current login

and here's the new one

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gmpalter: Ahh, thanks for clarifying. Wow. Changes based on region? Yikes.

I think the solution here might be a bit weird, so bear with me. Not having multiple valid logins to test this with, it's only an educated guess (based on past experience), but I think I might have something.

Delete your Bank of America browser cookies. Seriously. Since you're going to be logging into both accounts regularly, this will save you a bunch of hassle, as you can then manually save each login again with "Save Online ID" unchecked below the username field, and then 1Password can fill both fields each time you login to the site. And if you're not sure how to delete the cookies, just let me know what browser you're using and I'm sure I can walk you through it. :)

• gmpalter
    gmpalter
    Community Member
    Options

I thought of deleting the cookies as well in order to not save the user IDs.

Before I did that, however, I tried the new login item I saved above. (I.e., the one with the multiID1, etc. fields in its web form.) I added the appropriate username as the value of onlineId1. It worked.

I am now able to login to either account no matter which ID is shown in the drop-down menu.

P.S., Thanks for the offer on how to delete cookies but I know how to do that. (I've been a software developer since the early '70s.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

P.S., Thanks for the offer on how to delete cookies but I know how to do that. (I've been a software developer since the early '70s.)

@gmpalter: Ah, no problem! We have users from all professions and walks of life, so I always want to make sure I leave the door open so no one feels uncomfortable asking for the help they need. It sounds like you should have it under control though! ;)

Before I did that, however, I tried the new login item I saved above. (I.e., the one with the multiID1, etc. fields in its web form.) I added the appropriate username as the value of onlineId1. It worked.

I really appreciate the update! Only having a single login myself, I wasn't able to test for this, so I'm happy to hear that 1Password is able to get the job done for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.