Date of birth 3 drop-down fields

A website I use has a section which requires (in 3 drop-down fields) my date of birth, in addition to a user ID and password I can't seem to get 1Password to create a login which enters the 3 field values even though it has recorded them in the web page data and fllls in the user ID and password correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Brunner

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login, kb:save-login-manually

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeBrunner,

Is that the login form for the website? So in other words, to sign into that site, you need to enter your username, password, and birth day/month/year? If so, the first thing to try would be to save a new Login item for that site by following the steps in this knowledgebase article. Does the new Login item work correctly, or do you have the same problem?

If it's still a problem with the new Login item, would you be able to let us know the URL for that site? We'll be happy to test that ourselves and see if we can figure it out. Thanks!

• MikeBrunner
    MikeBrunner
    Community Member

Thanks Drew.

Yes, I had already looked at this possibility and tried it, but it didn't make any difference when I did. The URL is:
    https://portfolio.shareview.co.uk/7/Portfolio/Default/en/Anonymous/Pages/Login.aspx

Hope this helps you let me know what I'm doing wrong!

Cheers
    Mike

• Hello @MikeBrunner,

Now this is puzzling. I visited the URL you helpfully provided and after creating a test Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide (the one Drew provided a link for) I could fill all the fields once I reloaded the page to clear the existing data.

Now our current extension is at version 4.4.3 and you're running 4.4.2. The differences shouldn't have been great though so I'm wondering if the browser choice is a possible factor? I was testing within Safari, my preferred browser. Could you try updating your extension please, just in case it's the issue. If the browser is fighting or fibbing then uninstalling the extension completely, closing your browser and downloading a fresh copy from https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions should do the trick. If that doesn't help can you tell us which browser you normally use and we'll see if we can reproduce using a more identical setup to yours :smile:

My test suggests this should work so hopefully we can get this working for you too.

• MikeBrunner
    MikeBrunner
    Community Member

Thanks very much. I think it was a problem with the browser extension not being properly registered with Firefox for some reason. I have downloaded the latest version and installed, created a new login and saved that, and tested it ok. All sorted!

• Excellent news @MikeBrunner, I'm glad to here it's working as well for you as it seemed to for me :smile:

Should you have any other saving or filling questions you know where to find us (and hopefully we can be helpful on those too).

This discussion has been closed.