[Feature Request] Spotlight Search Toggle Per Item

alihamze
alihamze
Community Member

Hi,
I love the updated version, it looks really nice and clean. However, I noticed that the Spotlight integration only has 2 states, on for all items or off for all items. What I am suggesting is a toggle similar to the one available in the OS X version for deciding if a login should show up in the browser extension. In this case, the toggle would decide if the login would show up in the spotlight search. I have 407 items in my 1Password and I only need certain ones which I use often to show up when I'm doing a search.

Also, while we are talking about the toggles, it would be great if I could edit the Display in Browser value from the iOS version. This is already respected in the extension, but there is no way to change this for an individual login without going to the OS X version.

1Password Version: 6.0 (600016)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @alihamze,

I love the updated version, it looks really nice and clean.

I'm glad you're loving it.

What I am suggesting is a toggle similar to the one available in the OS X version for deciding if a login should show up in the browser extension. In this case, the toggle would decide if the login would show up in the spotlight search. I have 407 items in my 1Password and I only need certain ones which I use often to show up when I'm doing a search.

We used to have a few settings like this in the past and it turns out that it wasn't really worth having these selective settings for most of the folks.

What about a different way, what if we have an option to limit Spotlight to your Favorites, would that work for you? It seems that if you only care about a small set of your data, marking them as favorites would do enable a lot of things for you.

This is already respected in the extension, but there is no way to change this for an individual login without going to the OS X version.

We'll look into adding this feature in the future.

• alihamze
    alihamze
    Community Member

Hi, limiting it to Favorites would work as the only ones I want to be searchable are the ones I use daily on mobile. The others just get filled in automatically on my computer and I barely ever need the actual item so there is no point in having it in search.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @alihamze,

Thanks! We'll see what we can do with that.

ref: OPI-3066

This discussion has been closed.