Bottom toolbar glitches with long translated text in German [Confirmed, will fix]

Options
e-nat
e-nat
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

Hi,

I spotted some layouting errors in the german version of 1Password 6.0 on my iPhone 5s.
Something went wrong with the Tabbar Icons and Description on the Bottom.Example Image

Furthermore there are at least two options in the settings menu where the description is too long , which leads to non descriptive descriptions.

• "Enable Custom Keyboards" translation shows only "Custom Keyboard...". Without reading the longer description below it is not clear whether I enable or disable custom keyboards.1
  • "Promt to open websites" gets truncated and is missing the "open" 2

While non of these are major issues you might consider fixing them in one of the upcoming updates, because they disturb the otherwise great look of the new version.

Greetings form Germany

yannic

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @e-nat,

Thanks for reporting this, this is a confirmed bug and we'll fix this. The glitch on the bottom toolbar has to do with the translated text taking up more space than expected. We'll cut it down and that should fix it.

I'll also let our team know about the other glitches you've reported and we'll fix them soon.

Thanks again!

ref: OPI-3067

• 1Jan
    1Jan
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @MikeT · ·. Please note that it's even worse if the systems font size is bigger than normal :). maybe you can take a look at that aswell

• elenting
    elenting
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue in English with the Categories tab for me. July

• Hi guys,

@1Jan,

Please note that it's even worse if the systems font size is bigger than normal :). maybe you can take a look at that aswell

That's confirmed as well, we have a lot of glitches with the dynamic text size (the Settings view shows different sizes where it should be the same) and we will be going through the entire design to make sure we can fix them ASAP. We're not sure why it worked fine on iOS 8 but got worse with iOS 9.

@elenting,

Same issue in English with the Categories tab for me. July

Do you have the Dynamic Text Size to be bigger than the normal system font? If yes, we will fix it soon.

Sorry about these accessibility issues, we'll get these fixed ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.