[Bug] Secondary vault items not showing up in Safari Extension [not a bug; tap vault switcher icon]

eh801
eh801
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

Hi!

I noticed that not all logins were showing up in the Safari Extension, specifically items in my secondary vault. For instance, I have two different logins for Spotify (different name but same URL) in both my primary and secondary vault. The login in my primary vault is in fact showing up when I use the extension, the login in my secondary vault is not.

Do any other people notice the same thing?

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: -
OS Version: iOS 9.1 PB1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eh801,

1Password 6 for iOS has a new vault switcher in both the app and its extension. Tap the vault icon in the top right corner to use it:

Hope that helps. :)

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

@sjk
    I completely missed that. The standard vault icon completely blends in with the new blue top bar 8-) .

Thanks so much for your quick response!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @eh801.

I see how it might be overlooked even though my aging eyes do spot it … maybe cheating a bit by knowing it can be there. :)

May not be apparent that it's tappable because of the blue blending with the background and the white with the 1Password label and Done button (which alone isn't obviously tappable except from familiarity and similarity with other iOS apps). I often wonder about how iOS apps I commonly use can be tapped and swiped in ways I still haven't discovered. ;)

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

@sjk
    Now that I know it's there it seems pretty obvious. I'll be going through 1Password (and all iOS 9 shiny new app-updates) to see all hidden new features too :p

I think the switching icon is a lot easier to see with the custom icon as shown in your first screenshot (and it just looks nice). Is it possible to change the icon without having to create a new vault and transfer everything? Or is the vault supposed to be created on iOS? Because on my Mac I do have a custom icon set for my secondary vault but unfortunately that doesn't show up on iOS..

• Hi @eh801,

That's not yet possible to change the icons and/or colors for existing vaults, it is something we plan to add in the future. However, your secondary vault icon and color setting is stored in the vault file, so 1Password for iOS should show it. How are you syncing the vault?

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

@MikeT
    I sync my secondary vault using Dropbox (since that's the only secondary-vault-syncing-method, right?). I share that secondary vault with my family and on none of their iPhones the custom icon is showing up. It's showing up on all our Macs though.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @eh801,

(since that's the only secondary-vault-syncing-method, right?).

Not exactly, the Wi-Fi sync support syncing multiple vaults, you just have to choose Wi-Fi as the primary vault. In fact, you can even choose which vaults to sync to your devices in 1Password for Mac's Preferences > Wi-Fi Server settings.

I share that secondary vault with my family and on none of their iPhones the custom icon is showing up.

I checked our bug system, we have a few bug reports that says that after reading the vault settings properly, the sync breaks it. For an example, the Wi-Fi sync originally did support syncing the icons and colors but the app stops loading it after a restart of the app. This part should be identical between Dropbox and Wi-Fi, so it is possible they're the same bug.

I'll add you to the bug report and we'll look at fixing it soon.

ref: OPI-697

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

@MikeT
    So Dropbox doesn't support custom icons at all? Unfortunately, for us, WiFi-sync is no alternative to Dropbox-sync.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @eh801,

What I meant is that the app does support reading the vault settings but after syncing, it breaks it. It's not isolated to Wi-Fi only. Once we fix it, it should work for both Wi-Fi and Dropbox.

I've updated my previous post to clarify it better, I apologize for the confusion.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

@MikeT Thank you for your clarification. I wanted to see whether it does indeed show up on first sync. After I deleted my secondary vault and tried to re-add it, the app crashed. After I restarted the app it does start syncing though. I tried to do the same thing again (to see whether it would crash again), fortunately it didn't. Back on topic, in neither attempts I saw the custom icon.

If you'd like I could send a diagnostic report?

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @eh801,

For the custom icon, no need to send us anything, it's a confirmed open bug report. All we can do now is wait for the engineering team to fix it. Right now, they're busying trying to resolve many of the iOS 9 glitches and once these are cleared, we'll look at this issue.

The crash is already fixed for adding a secondary vault via syncing in the 6.0.1 update, which has been submitted to Apple already. It should be any days now.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

@MikeT Good to hear :) Thanks for your help!

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.