Reset Android App

dougvk
dougvk
Community Member

halfway through a wifi sync (never worked with iOS, thought I'd try with android), my phone reported that 1pass stopped working. I'm now unable to access the app, as my password is rejected. Is there anyway to reset the app or do I just have to wipe it out and start over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dougvk. Thanks for getting in touch with us today. :)

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with WiFi sync. There is indeed a way to reset the app, however, it will wipe all of your data and essentially be the same as starting over. However, if all of your data is up-to-date on another device, this shouldn't be a problem.

Simply go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data" Please keep in mind that this will erase all data from 1Password on your Android. Then you can launch 1Password again and reconfigure sync. It should work better this time.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further problems. Thanks!

• dougvk
    dougvk
    Community Member

Hi Peri: Thanks for the tips. I was able to reset the app, but when I went to sync over wifi, I got one of those "unfortunately 1Password has stopped working" messages. Reset everything and tried again and same error. It authenticated and started syncing (I think it got through 52 items) but then it crashed.

• @dougvk Sorry to hear 1Password crashes on your device with Wi-Fi sync. Are you prompted to send us a crash report when you launch 1Password again after the crash? If you are, could you please send us the report so we can review it on our end. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.