using 1password 3 on this older machine, Chrome extension not synching with app

Running 10.6.8 with Chrome, using 1password 3 on this older machine, Chrome extension not synching with app

is synching with the latest iOS app

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.6.8
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:extensions for 10.6.8, kb:check-extension-version, kb-search:need extension for version 3, ug:mac/installing-extensions, kb-search:need extension for version 3

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scottsimons: I'm sorrier the trouble! Do you have firewall or 'security' software that might be blocking 1Password's communications with the extension? Also note that if Chrome has an update pending, this can cause problems as well. Be sure to try quitting Chrome and restarting your Mac to see if that revolves the issue. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• scottsimons
    scottsimons
    Community Member

quit chrome, restarted, uninstalled the browser extension, now it will not open in Chrome and in Safari it has not records
    not running any type of security as far as I know

• Hi @scottsimons,

When you say it will not open in Chrome are you seeing a little red exclamation mark on top of the 1Password icon in Chrome? Is it opening the lock screen but after entering your Master Password it just starts counting upwards?

If it is then I too have experienced this. I don't know why but after installing the 1Password 3 Chrome Extension I have to reboot my Mac. Until I do that it point blank refuses to connect to the 1Password 3 Helper application.

Does the issue with Chrome continue after another reboot and does my description match what you're seeing? If the description doesn't match can you expand on what you mean when you say:

now it will not open in Chrome

Hopefully we can figure this out.

This discussion has been closed.